cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping a Disney Blu/Ray DVD combo and Media Mail

I have been trying to research Media Mail recently. I have come across a lot of conflicting answers and I don't feel like I've found the answer to my question. 

If you do a quick google search for what qualifies for Media Mail shipping rates you get a list that looks like:

• Books (at least 8 pages).
  • Sound recordings and video recordings, such as CDs and DVDs.
  • Play scripts and manuscripts for books, periodicals, and music.
  • Printed music.
  • Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media.
  • Sixteen millimeter or narrower width films.
  • Printed objective test materials and their accessories.
  • Printed educational reference chart.
  • Loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information for distribution to doctors, hospitals, medical schools, and medical students.

I'm not sure what qualifies as an eligbile DVD or recording because I have also read other posts including ones from this forum that give conflicting reports on what exactly will qualify as an eligible DVD. I also haven't found much information specifically regarding Blu-Ray and Media Mail.

Do Blu-Ray discs qualify as eligible "Media"? 

Some conflicting things I can't confirm that I've read about Media Mail and what qualifies:

The media, specifically sound and video recording, must possess a copyright as well as a liscense to use the product. 

The item(s) being shipped must be in bulk and you cannot ship one item with Media Mail.

Advertising can't be sent via Media Mail.

Only educational material qualifies as Media Mail. 

Essentially my questions are can I use Media Mail to ship one factory sealed Disney Blu/Ray DVD combo and does it contain advertising?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Shipping a Disney Blu/Ray DVD combo and Media Mail

@je_58140 wrote:

Hello.  Is Media Mail riskier? Maybe I should update my listings.

Items shipped media mail can take up to 2 weeks to arrive.

I would use FCM, it's a faster delivery option. 

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Yes you CAN send it Media mail as I have both sent & received Disney Dvds through Media mail
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never use media mail, I ship my dvds First class, I will tell you this I keep getting packages shipped medial mail that are not media at all some are even using usps boxes and wrapping them in paper, These are sellers that have been on Ebay a long time as well.

I did have a package shipped medial mail last month, I paid 8 dollars total, ( he refunded me 6 dollars for the problem ..Post office opened it . and sent it back to seller who then repacked it and covered the box and shipped it again media mail and it arrived saying it charges the seller. All in all an 8 dollar cost him way more for that 5 lb package..... It is not worth it or the feed back that comes with it .  I am not kidding you I just received another 5 lb 4  package shipped medial mail.. in a usps box covered in paper, Post office didn't ketch this one. How do we stop this Or leave feed back about it???

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

So PLEASE tell me what does this have to do in regards to my post that I did trying to help another seller.
SHEEEEEEESH---If you do not have something to add---MOVE ON BOO BOO BEAR
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Woah! I don't think they were directly responding to you as much as adding to the end of the thread. Most of their post had nothing to do with what you said and the rest applies to the entire thread.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply