cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Details - New Page (Pop Up) Rolling Out?

I just noticed when I checked shipping details on a listing, a slick, new, easy to read informational page popped up instead of that cluttered, old circa 1990 shipping Detail Page....

So far, I like it.....

!shipping-details.jpg

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I haven't seen that yet - still in 1990s here.  It is pretty nice!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

The page your showing looks busy to me.  I still see shipping looking like this…

IMG_0781.jpeg

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

@ebooksdiva 

that may look busy because i forgot I was checking UK shipping. This is domestic page.

(The International Page DID look pretty busy)

!shipping-details2.jpg

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@monica-sells wrote:

!shipping-details2.jpg

Wish eBay would add handling time to that pop up kyle@ebay 

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@monica-sells wrote:

!shipping-details2.jpg

Wish eBay would add handling time to that pop up kyle@ebay 

Hey @wastingtime101, I couldn't agree more!  I'll send this suggestion right over! 

Kyle,
eBay
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I was tooling around and noticed, this slick, new popup only initiates when using Firefox....

not on Chrome or Edge......

(at least for me.....)

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for that tip @monica-sells - checked Firefox and I'm seeing the same.

Was the screenshot you posted an auction listing? Auction listings never show handling time.

I looked at a fixed price listing and the handling time is there. kyle@ebay 

shipping-details-popup-2023.png

There is no longer a shipping tab next to description. Instead you click the see details link next to ship cost. There was a handy word bubble, shown above, to call out the change.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

sorry..had to check my browsing history

yes, it is an auction........

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

This seems to be working also Microsoft Edge now...

still not showing handling time for auctions though.....

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

I like it, mostly because I presume when you close the pop up you are right back on the Description page instead of having to switch tabs. can you dismiss the pop up by clicking beside the bubble or are you forced to use the X in the upper right?

I'm asking because I'm still getting the regular tabbed version in both Chrome and FireFox.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Not seeing it yet..............does it show the shipping choices?  i.e. if there is more than one option to ship.......GA/priority?

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Not seeing it yet..............does it show the shipping choices?  i.e. if there is more than one option to ship.......GA/priority?

Yes, and I'm seeing it in more browsers now - except other browsers don't have that info notification bubble like I posted above, not even with a different account that hadn't seen the new version before today.

shippingpopup.png

GLORIOUS!

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

can you dismiss the pop up by clicking beside the bubble or are you forced to use the X in the upper right?

You can click outside the popup to get rid of it; you are not forced to use the X.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Thanks @wastingtime101     Certainly an improvement........I've thought, since they put that shipping tab on years ago, that most people never looked at it........  I remember the uproar about it.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply