cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling

I am writing this to thank each and everyone of you.  You all have made my days more interesting and brought smiles to my face when I thought it was not possible.  All of you are my angels, even those that I may disagree with.  As I always say, "opinions are like ******* we all have one."  Some are just more stinky than others 🙂  Potty mouth Grandma. 

Okay....I have to end all my listings, which I will do after I write this.  It has been a year for so many of us.  With that said, I always am sending love and hope to each and everyone going through their own pains or problems.  My husband passed last March from cancer, and now I too have cancer.  I will be starting chemotherapy and don't know how I will be able to continue to sell and ship, thus ending my listings.  

The reason that I am writing this, is while I am home, I plan on reading the boards and putting the little bit of knowledge and all my support for those that I can.  I am not looking for anything other than that you all know how much it has meant to me to be a part of this community.  

I wish for each and everyone a year filled with love and joy,

Grandma

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Selling

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. My sister was diagnosed with cancer this week and we are hoping for the best. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 16 of 69
latest reply

Selling

@tdumonde2014 wrote:

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. My sister was diagnosed with cancer this week and we are hoping for the best. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Thoughts and prayers going out for you and your sister.  

Message 17 of 69
latest reply

Selling

@1grandmashope_1  - if attitude counts for anything in this battle, you're already ahead of the game! Best thoughts to you and know your kindness has always been a beacon of light to many of us here. ❤️

Message 18 of 69
latest reply

Selling

@valueaddedresource 

Most of the time, that is all I have to offer.  Your (so glad you showed acc756) posts have helped me see things in a different light.  For that, I am grateful.  

I can't say how thankful I am that you took time to reply.  It means the world to me.

xoxoxo

G.

Message 19 of 69
latest reply

Selling

My dearest Grandma,  my heart breaks for you.  Fighting this may well be the hardest journey thus far.  Reading your posts tells a great deal about you.  Your positive outlook will carry you through with grace.  

Please try to keep posting here as your kindness, thoughtfulness and knowledge is such an asset for the entire community.

If you ever need to chat, vent or just scream I am always here.

Please take care😊

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 20 of 69
latest reply

Selling

Thank you.

Andy

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 21 of 69
latest reply

Selling

So sorry to hear about your sister.

And @1grandmashope_1  so sorry to hear of your diagnosis as well especially on top of your loss last year.

I know it's not a lot, but as has been said, cancer is a word not a sentence, and I hope that holds true for both of you.

Message 22 of 69
latest reply

Selling

@tdumonde2014 

Thank you for reaching out.  I am sending all my warm thoughts to your sister and your family.  It is a journey.  I am forever a believer in hope and how it can get one through the darkness.

xoxox

G.

Message 23 of 69
latest reply

Selling

@frodobagginskennedy 

I posted originally to thank everyone for, inadvertently, helping me cope.  EBay has not only given me the extra income, but I started coming to the boards to selfishly help myself.  I have to say that the days where I thought the whole world had turned ugly that it was here I realized it was my jaded perspective through the knowledge and time you and so many others spent giving.  For that, I am forever thankful.  I have preached to my daughters and granddaughters for over 40 years that kindness matters.  That we only leave this planet with who we are. 

To your kind suggestion to come and vent, I believe that is what I was selfishly, again, doing. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart for your sweet words.  I am going to be coming back, and hopefully, at some point be able to sell again.  I am one lucky woman to have you and the other posters give of your time to show me so much kindness.  

xoxoxox

G.

Message 24 of 69
latest reply

Selling

Grandma, you can beat this.  I did.  You just have to be meaner and tougher - and believe that those around you are working in your best interest.  Hope you are in a good medical system and have some supportive people who can help you when needed.

Sending up a prayer for you.  Know you have a lot of support, here.

Message 25 of 69
latest reply

Selling

@patd3283 

I am so thankful that you found your way through.  I am sending you big hugs filled with love. Journeys are things that I  embrace, at times with some fear, tears and always with hope. I am with UCLA. I have confidence in my new oncologist.  

To be completely honest,  I am feeling the loss of another part of my life, eBay and you all. Silly, huh?  I have been back since 2017 and it has become part of my days. I like selling.  I like most people. Even the people that get to me I find interesting. It is the connections that make me feel good.

It is lots of work that has taken me to your door. Some paths reap the very best humans. I chose right. For that I thank you all.

Xoxoxo

G.

Message 26 of 69
latest reply

Selling

@1grandmashope_1 

Wishing you lots of strength as you go through this difficult challenge.

Knowing that you have lots of people here sending you positive thoughts should lift you up.

I have beat the big C 3 times, I hope you will become a special survivor, too.

Best of luck to you. Fondly, *L*M*

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 27 of 69
latest reply

Selling

@*lady*madonna* 

I appreciate you sharing your journey.  It is such a roller-coaster, and you are sitting in front with your hands held high smiling. 

Love that!

Xoxo

G.

Message 28 of 69
latest reply

Selling

I enjoy your posts and the gentle ways in which you dispense advice to misguided eBay-ers, just like a much-loved and revered grandma! I'm offering prayers of healing and comfort during the difficult days ahead. Please keep us updated as to your progress!

-Candace

Message 29 of 69
latest reply

Selling

@1grandmashope_1 

Oh grandma, I just am now reading all this I had no idea. Got you close to my heart always. You have been a godsend this past year with your comforting words and wisdom.

You can beat this, others have, just stay strong and positive.

Love is being sent to California...

Fondly, Lisa😘😘😘😘

Message 30 of 69
latest reply