cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling an item at a reduced price

How would selling an item lower than advertised work on eBay? 

The interested buyer and I have messaged each other and agreed to a lower price than the fixed price listing.

Before proceeding, I want to know if this is outside eBay rules. If I change the listing to match my actual selling price (for the sale), will I run into problems and possible fees for having done this?

To sum it up, what's the best approach to selling an item other than the actual listing price?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Selling an item at a reduced price

Just revise the listing to the agreed upon price or send them an offer for that price.  You will be charged the appropriate final value fees for the sale, but there is no extra fee for changing a price.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

no problem in just lowering the price.............

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Just revise the listing to the agreed upon price or send them an offer for that price.  You will be charged the appropriate final value fees for the sale, but there is no extra fee for changing a price.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Why don't you send your buyer an ebay offer?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I had this situation and sent my buyer a lower offer but EBay charged them full price. Now she wants me to cancel the order and rebuy at the lower price. What do you suggest?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

If I were to do that, the second I lower the price, SOMEBODY ELSE would buy it.

But that's just me and my luck. Chances are the OP is not as unlucky as me.   😉

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@2-fathom1 wrote:

To sum it up, what's the best approach to selling an item other than the actual listing price?

I never give a special price to just one buyer because so many of them never follow through. 

So I change the price and tell him to be quick before someone else gets it. 

That way he has less incentive to keep my listing as a "fallback" while he shops around for a better deal. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply