cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers who use "make offer", I have a question...

Buy it now price: $14

My offer: $10 - declined 

Sellers counter offer: $13 - declined

My counter offer: $12 - declined

Sellers counter offer: $13 again - declined

Why would the seller counter back at the SAME PRICE?

Why does ebay even let that happen?  You shouldn't be able to counter back at the same price, should you?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Sellers who use "make offer", I have a question...

@no_zero369 wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I don't think that it is rude. As another poster suggested they are giving you the option again to accept their lowest price.   It's possible that once a buyer realized the seller would not go lower, that they would pay what the seller offered.  If the seller didn't make the offer again and you really did want the item, your only option would be to pay full price.

What I think is rude (I know of sellers who do this) is if their second offer was higher than their first.  But repeating the first offer so that you know that this is the lowest they will go is not a bad thing imo.

@pjcdn2005    Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought a seller CAN NOT counter at a price higher than his last counter offer?  Same number or lower is what I think I have seen.

Otherwise when I'm selling something for $50 and get a $15 offer, I'd be inclined to counter at $75! grinning

I don't think there is a rule that prohibits the seller from sending an offer higher than the last counteroffer.  However, if memory serves, I don't believe a seller can make a counteroffer higher than the original price in the listing.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 61 of 61
latest reply