Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Sourcebook is down all photos gone

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Seller Sourcebook is down all photos gone

At least the ebay hosted ones are still showing. 

Hope they come back for you soon, but honestly, I see no reason to pay for this service.  I dropped them last year and am happy to not live in fear of the missing photos any longer.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I haven't even been able to sign in for most of the day, I got it up for about 15 minutes and poof gone again

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

They just posted this

~News~

On January 1st our datacenter informed us that they have been being hit with a DDOS attack. As many of you have noticed, this attack on the datacenter is causing slowness or inaccessibility to the SSB site. From industry news reports we have read that many sites have been affected by this attack.

Our apologies for this issue, please understand that is beyond SSB's control and the datacenter is working diligently to stop the perpetrators. We are hopeful the datacenter will have the DDOS attack under control and resolved very soon

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Like eBay never goes down?  Heh.  Right.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@glasskats wrote:

Like eBay never goes down?  Heh.  Right.  Smiley Wink

Have you had the ebay hosted photos disappear?  I used SSB for years and got very tired of paying and living in fear of losing my photos.  There was also a big screw-up when deleting old saved listings made photos in current listings also disappear due to something they did which duplicated the numbers.

They gave an apology but not even a credit for all the extra work I had to do to replace my photos. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I used them and wasn't happy about the infrequent outages-if they had even offered me an adjustment, I prob would have stayed with them longer. I signed up with them when ebay charged for additional photos and scheduled listings. When both of those became free, I went ahead and closed my account. They did have good customer service and were usually quick to respond.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately, yes, I have.  The Gallery image "goes missing" very frequently which are images that eBay "hosts."  So I am always glad that I also have an "extra" set of images in the body of my listing.  I've been a long time member of SSB and and know that image URLs are specific.  If you upload another image using the same file name (most people don't take the time to actually "name" their images), it will over write a previous file name.  As for a credit...  at $2 a week for my subscription...  I figure it's a bargain!  But that is just my experience and opinion and am sorry to hear that you've had some issues with them.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I use SSB as well, and have been happy. I was hand coding html before, and even with the hosted images not being as important now, I do like that SSB optimizes for mobile app, and makes it easy for me to post listings.

I will keep an eye out though for image issues, but my sales slowed down so bad last April, I don't know if I even worry that much now. 😞

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

who did you go with
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

You should start a new thread as this one is 1 1/2 years old

Message 11 of 11
latest reply