cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammer? Positive Feedback Buyer +19 - but NO Ebay item numbers on his feedback

I sold and shipped some speakers to a buyer who paid fast. $71

Sadly the delivery has not been made.  It's been out for delivery and "awaiting a delivery scan" for 5 days.

I have contacted USPS.

The buyer has a positive feedback of 19 - pretty good for only joining 4 months ago. But when I look at his detailed feedback,  ALL  his feedback is missing Ebay item numbers.  Most should have that detail as they happened within 90 days. 

That kind of makes me suspicious. Have the transactions been voided so no item # appears?  Is he a serial "order, pay, receive and request refund" scammer?

Any ideas

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Scammer? Positive Feedback Buyer +19 - but NO Ebay item numbers on his feedback

I was merely asking a question. 

You are 6165 feedbacks in and are clearly an experienced seller.  I am not.   I have a mere 127 over 20 years.

It would be nice if the feedback was respectful vs. reacting like I am stupid and should know this already.

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Re: Scammer? Positive Feedback Buyer +19 - but NO Ebay item numbers on his feedback

You are not supposed to expose profiles in this Forum ...please delete the post/screen shot if you can.

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

@jgkuk wrote:

You are not supposed to expose profiles in this Forum ...please delete the post/screen shot if you can.

Your profile is readily available just by the fact that you posted here.

My screenshot is not a privacy violation, and violates no board guidelines.

All info that is shown is readily available to anyone in the world.

As a seller, your profile is "public" . 

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

@jgkuk wrote:

It’s nothing anyone can see by clicking on your feedback score next to your username.

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

Seller should not contact the buyer.  😁

Looks like a USPS scan error (missed scan/scanner issue)

As lakefor94........... posted. Don't poke the bear. Buyer may have item.

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

Thank you.  If I were that buyer, and discovered that the seller had done that, I believe I would make my displeasure known in FB.  

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

The main issue here, as I see it, is not the item #s or lack thereof, but that, in your title, you labeled the buyer a scammer, simply because there is no evidence that his purchase was delivered yet

Regardless of how little or how much experience you've had as a buyer or seller, that was WRONG.

And maybe you are paranoid was your reason for that.

My statement still stands.

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

I mailed something USPS on October 8th. Got to address freight forward Distribution Center October 16th.

Envelope goes onward to Armenia(country)...tracking states "delay"...Today I got positive feedback from buyer in Armenia. Go figures...tracking never got closed on this by USPS.....October 30th.

Don't jump the gun....

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Five days "out for delivery" is cause for concern and deserves your attention. However, in this case I believe it should be with USPS rather than the buyer. There is usually only 3 reasons for a package to remain "out for delivery":

1. The package was simply left off the truck. Usually delivered the following day.

2. No one was home at the time for a required signature. Usually a notice is left and tracking updated to reflect this.

3. For what ever reason, the driver missed the package at the time of the stop. It happens. In this case I have seen the delivery date/tracking status remain unchanged for a couple of days or over a weekend especially if the package is left on the truck vs. taken back inside to be scanned. Possibly due to a late finish after business hours. If scanned in at the end of the day you might see a package that was "out for delivery" shown again as  "arrived at destination".

Just knowing it arrived at it's destination (local P.O.) narrows your search considerably. I suggest a personal appearance to the Post Office with tracking info in hand rather than simply making a phone call. It could result in a better effort to locate it.

Either way, I am confident you will receive delivery conformation shortly. 

Also,  you should CONTACT THE BUYER. Chances are they share your concern and then some. Showing your concern and attempt to locate might just save you an open "item not received case". The least it can do is buy you some time. Good communication is the best way to prevent a filed claim from happening in the first place. 

A buyers/sellers past history used to be a great tool for prevention. Unfortunately, eBay would much rather sell & refund a sale than not sell something all. So they have been quietly removing access to things like detailed  descriptions of feedback left or received.  This is important, why? Because buying a $2000 computer from someone who has 100% feedback on 20 previous sales means a whole lot less if you know it was 20 $.99 doorstops.

Some might call it Pistanthrophobia... But I prefer calling it "Covering Your Ass".

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

1. OP states 5 days. sort of negates  ... usually delivers the following day

2. scan would have/should have stated such 

3. 5 days............  screams missed scan/transmission error (my carrier has scanner issues. many failed to transmit  delivery/acceptance events)

after hours scan does not fall into play for me. Item gets delivered. Data is transmitted within minutes of delivery. Gone are the days of waiting for the scanner to be cradled back at the office. And again -....5 days 

CONTACT THE BUYER screams hit me with an INR even though item is delivered.  Got it, no delivery scan, INR dispute .................. "can" equal "free item" for buyer. NEVER poke the bear.

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

Totally agree. If the buyer didn't get it, they'll let you know.

But it doesn't hurt to go to the USPS site and get tracking updates emailed/texted to you. If they know it's been delivered they'll add the delivery to the tracking.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 26 of 37
latest reply

Poster was not being disrespectful. 

Their post was just a factual statement presentation/clarification without lots of smiley faces to cushion the facts.

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

Agree, not a bad thing to pressure USPS a bit about such a situation.

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

Yes …..agreed. 

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

So using the word "Scammer" in the title of their post was okay with you?

Message 30 of 37
latest reply