cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammer? Positive Feedback Buyer +19 - but NO Ebay item numbers on his feedback

I sold and shipped some speakers to a buyer who paid fast. $71

Sadly the delivery has not been made.  It's been out for delivery and "awaiting a delivery scan" for 5 days.

I have contacted USPS.

The buyer has a positive feedback of 19 - pretty good for only joining 4 months ago. But when I look at his detailed feedback,  ALL  his feedback is missing Ebay item numbers.  Most should have that detail as they happened within 90 days. 

That kind of makes me suspicious. Have the transactions been voided so no item # appears?  Is he a serial "order, pay, receive and request refund" scammer?

Any ideas

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

I don't see any item numbers as buyer feedback for other purchases my buyer has made.  The only item numbers I see for a buyer is if they sold something and received feedback as a seller for that.

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

@jgkuk 

I had a guest buyer last week.  No feedback either.  However they did contact me to thank me and to tell me they loved the item.  I wouldn't over think it.  Scammers normally aim at high priced electronics & expensive jewelry.  Hopefully your buyer will get their order soon & leave you some nice feedback.  Congrats on your sale!

Happy Selling

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

When I look at your feedback as a buyer I don’t see any item numbers either. Should I think you’re a scammer? No I don’t because eBay doesn’t show that information because what a buyer purchased isn’t any one’s business but the buyers. 
Image below is your feedback as a buyer. Do you see any item numbers? 
IMG_0971.jpeg

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

In regards to the delivery scan…the postal worker may have delivered and failed to scan upon delivery. Probably a new carrier or one that was in a hurry. 

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

If you click on the blue button on the bottom of his profile feedback page --the items within 90 days should have an Ebay item number.  Or at least that is my understanding.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

@jgkuk 

No, eBay doesn’t show a buyer’s item numbers to others look at anyone else’s feedback as a buyer, you won’t see item numbers there either. I can’t see your item numbers either. You can see your own, but eBay doesn’t show your buyers item numbers for privacy reasons.
Why is that so important to you? 

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

OK, have to ask:   How is the fact that delivery has not yet been made the fault of the buyer?

What am I missing here?  

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@jgkuk wrote:

If you click on the blue button on the bottom of his profile feedback page --the items within 90 days should have an Ebay item number.  Or at least that is my understanding.

@jgkuk 

We can’t click on your buyers profile page because only you can see the buyers ID. To everyone else your buyers IDs are masked for privacy. You can’t post their ID here either as it would be a violation of Community Guidelines.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Respectfully, have to ask:  OP states an item he shipped has not been delivered yet.

Can ANYONE explain how that makes the buyer a scammer?  

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Whatever you do, Don't poke the bear.

If the buyer has not received their item or has a problem, they will let you know. Do not contact the buyer asking if they have received the order.

As far as the order numbers go, I can't imagine why you are digging that up. 

Best of luck.

Posting ID
Message 11 of 37
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Respectfully, have to ask:  OP states an item he shipped has not been delivered yet.

Can ANYONE explain how that makes the buyer a scammer?  

It doesn’t…the OP is over reacting IMO. 

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

@jgkuk 

90 days is not a factor.  The 90 days only limits searchability of the #

as others posted item #/buyer ID is not there for privacy reasons on purchases

note: no numbers shown for YOUR purchases

see no number.jpg

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

@jgkuk 

Don't worry about the feedback from your buyer, that ship has sailed. You worry about the shipping of these Bose speakers right now. Enter tracking on the USPS website and request daily notifications.  I would keep your buyer informed that you are tracking movements on package. I've been thru this in ♠️ spades, it will show up most likely. Best to you.

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

I was just posting that maybe I am paranoid.  I've had a few scammers hit me in the last few months.

I now look at buyer profiles anytime issues crop up.

In this case I did not see any item numbers ...and I thought they would show.
This is what the feedback detail page -of my buyer says- says 
"Detailed item information is not available for the following items because the feedback is over 90 days old."

"Detailed item information" implies for me that item numbers should be there?

I was ASKING if that lack of item numbers meant the "sale" had not been completed or had been refunded.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply