cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales

No sales in 9 days in what should be a great time of year for us.  Anybody else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sales

That does seem crazy given from October 18th and back you had a handful of sales every single day.

Almost like your store is somehow on vacation mode to the eBay search engines, seems impossible to not have a sale.

Did you have any returns or need to contact support for anything? Sometimes it seems that puts a pause on activity....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Ebay is focusing on Watches and Sneakers right now. I was watching TV last night and was very surprised to see a ebay commercial showing Rolex Watches and Sneakers.  I guess I can back this up because this is my 7th day of receiving a e-bay message giving me tips on how to sell watches.

22 Years selling on ebay and this is the worst year. I have to do this for 5 more months and then I can say ciao to ebay. I can't wait!

Message 2 of 45
latest reply

We need to lower expectations.

When something is not working for you adapt, seek to change it.

Message 3 of 45
latest reply

Starting to look that way for us also. thanks for feedback.

Message 4 of 45
latest reply

We are in the same boat!  Worst year after 22 years.  No doubt, from your feedback total, eBay was booming for you at some point.  Now you just had under 180 positives in a year?!   Wow!  A huge drop off!  If I was smart, I would end my listings & cancel my store on Oct. 31.  Focus on other FREE sites.  Even if they are slower, at this point, what difference would it make?  6 sales is Oct. is getting me nowhere anyway.  I'd be eager about those 5 months, too!   lol  Best of luck to you.  

Message 5 of 45
latest reply

@mksports03   yes, about 90% of posts with the same complaints

Message 6 of 45
latest reply

That does seem crazy given from October 18th and back you had a handful of sales every single day.

Almost like your store is somehow on vacation mode to the eBay search engines, seems impossible to not have a sale.

Did you have any returns or need to contact support for anything? Sometimes it seems that puts a pause on activity....

Message 7 of 45
latest reply

@ed8108  Hardly, I don’t think so

Message 8 of 45
latest reply

What are some other free sites? I am game for leaving ebay also!

Message 9 of 45
latest reply

Nothing for me in 5 days......

Message 10 of 45
latest reply

OK, That’s very good, now those people in that demographic have money. Spend it here in other categories.

Message 11 of 45
latest reply

I've sold millions of dollars on Ebay and lucky to get 50 bucks a day in sales now.  I'm phasing out the Ebay business now and moving onto other avenues.  The only way to make sales now is to pay Ebay fees, promotional listing fees, promotional listing priority placement fee and google search engine fee.  If you are willing to give 40 percent commission to Ebay then maybe your sales will pick up.  

Message 12 of 45
latest reply

What is happening is simply bizarre. I am a seller for 20 years plus on eBay. I have l00% fb & 342 listings. I have 900 more items to post, but holding off on volume, due to Since August I have made only 3 sales. I have called into cs, who were really nice, & said they would look into it as 4 months of paying fees without sales seems odd to them. I am aware that we have a sketchy national economy, are facing threats of wars, & a high looter rate (a group that does not feel the need to pay for goods). DESPITE those facts, I still think it's peculiar that there are no sales, virtually, on my site for this past 4 month period. What do you think or are you sharing the same experience?

Message 13 of 45
latest reply

I am into my 15th day in a row without a sale.   Over 22 years here & NEVER seen that before.  Marketplace - 10 sales this week for over $300.  No fees!   🙂

Message 14 of 45
latest reply

Yeah seems pretty far off lately, when 1 live shopper beats 2 months of sales here.

Message 15 of 45
latest reply