cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales slow

Is any one else experiencing less then slow sales ? 

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Sales slow

Many topics such as this are on the Sellers boards:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/bd-p/selling-db

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Yes, sales are way down in the past two weeks. Not sure why, but I suspect it has something to do with the updates to the platform. 

I called twice about technical issues I am having and both reps I spoke with were not helpful at all.

Very frustrating.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

I wish it was only 'slow.'  4 sales in 8 sales.  6 of those days with 0.  I had to remove half of my listings due to stricter cross border shipping.   Any 'goods', no matter how small, have to be mailed as a small packet from Canada to the US with a minimum charge of $8.  Good luck to Canadians trying to sell inexpensive sports cards, buttons, pins, etc.  Even something like shirts.  I have about 2000 baseball t-shirts that I cannot sell individually now.  Who is going to buy a shirt for $5 & pay $12 for S/H?  What makes it worse is maybe a Canadian would make the purchase & postage would be fine.  More & more changes & rules to keep the little guy from making a living!

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Every. Single. Week. For. The. Last. 20. Years. This. Topic. Comes. Up.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 31
latest reply

VERY VERY SLOW EBAY IS THE CULPRIT.

TAG word presentation pricing screw your bread winners thats them alright

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Yes, some people are experiencing slow sales.

Some people are also experience high sales.

Some people's sales are about the same. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 5.54.56 AM.png

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

It's the worry of every collectible seller:  the good stuff roars out - the average and common stuff doesn't do much, even when priced below cost just to bring in some cash.   There aren't enough general collectors and they aren't buying now.  I think my cards are good, even the dollar cards, and last year I had sales of 20-50 at a time (which is why I list $1 cards, or reduce prices and leave at $1), but not this year. 

I may be fooling myself of course.

That said, even the good stuff seems to have less energy behind it.

My personal purchases are scant, need to watch every dollar and there is no planning tomorrow with the current culprits in charge. 

Meanwhile, I can't buy simple underwear in my size at Target or Walmart!  Important stuff!

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

I’ll give you a better example of slowing sales.

251D760B-0858-4259-BD7F-BBAD0D588456.jpeg

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Sloooowwww

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Every. Single. Week. For. The. Last. 20. Years. This. Topic. Comes. Up.

And it's not like there's some sort of international happening going on right now that might end up affecting sales due to gas prices, etc. going up or anything...

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@kingnothing1597 wrote:

Is any one else experiencing less then slow sales ? 

@kingnothing1597 

Since 'NO' is less than 'slow', my answer would be "Yes". 😑

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

I think ebay is going to see a huge loss of buyers if they aren't already from the platform. With everything already mentioned going on playing a part, plus ebay not helping sellers at all now that the fees have gone up even more...its not going to be long before many of just cant shop or sell here anymore. Buyers are getting priced out because were all being forced to raise prices (not only maybe because of some inflation product issues but worse because of ebays new fee hikes), and sellers are being forced out due to ebay taking way too much money and fees upon fees upon tax upon tax, etc. If ebay didn't collect the outrageous amount it does prices wouldn't have to be so high on here now. I don't think people really get that at all or realize it. It was bad before of course but since the March 1st hikes even worse. 

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

For goodness sake - before MP you were paying 10% to eBay and 2.9% to Paypal = 12.9% with MP it then  dropped to 12.55% to eBay - zip to Paypal

With the latest HUGE price increase you are now pying 12.9% to eBay

People world wide are watching as things unfold - in less than a month since the start of things oversea's we have seen HUGE increases in fuel - the snowball affect that this has and will continue to have is enormous.

People are being careful, this has nothing to do with eBay in the grand scheme of things - your items are lovely, but they won't feed my family.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Well, anything you know that we dont?

Message 15 of 31
latest reply