cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales are so slow, what's going on??

I know this is probably covered elsewhere, but my sales are really slow. I don't remember it ever being so slow. I know my stuff isn't for everybody, but I used to at least have more views, watchers, activity. It's starting to feel like a dead mall. I'm really stressed about it. 

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Sales are so slow, what's going on??

something is going on..the day before yesterday, I had almost no sales all day again, but one of my competitor sellers that sells basically the same items as me and charges almost double what it should actually cost(same exact items and similar titles as mine) they had 8 sales, all within a 30 minute period totalling over $500...then not another sale all day for them the rest of the day...and they were all around 8am ebay time......I finally had one sale around midnight...the items are not coming up in search, even using the correct keywords in search...I am really starting to wonder...hmmmm?

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

Best Match,  Location,  Listing Variations,  Pictures

Not all buyers worry about price.  Maybe the buyer is spending someone else's money.

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 17 of 52
latest reply

Hi,

I have been here for almost 17 years.  Last year was my best year.  This year has been my worst.  My sales are extremely slow.  I am also looking for other venues to sell my inventory.  I cannot keep paying fees and not making any money.  I am currently just doing research to find a better option. 

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

I agree.
Message 19 of 52
latest reply

One month ago my total sales for the week were almost 50 items that began with 18 on a Monday. The following week my sales were 3 for that Monday and about 15-16 for the week.  I keep telling my wife the same story and she always replies "you just never know". All I am ever sure of is that the unexplainable always happens. I can have one item with a total quantity of 2 or 3 and have them listed for a year without any interest and then in one week all will sell. If you have an answer I'd love to know it. 🙂

Message 20 of 52
latest reply

I was not finding my items with 4 word search terms, setting to search for items ending soonest (all were ending within 12 hours) and every other one did not show up in the search results.   So I revised and put free shipping and free returns on them and then they started to show up in the eBay results.  So I'll be revising with some hope.  Try your own tests, my store is low cost second hand clothing so you may have different results.

Message 21 of 52
latest reply

Me too! I have done everything under the sun to get things moving. Just not happening.  I was doing so well that I left my job to build the business, and now it's tanking. Don't know what to do. Time to go back to work.

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

another day... not a sale all day 😞

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

Sales are good. 

Every seller should be checking if their items are showing up in search, using various methods.

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 24 of 52
latest reply

I've been selling on eBay since 2001 and for the past 4 years, I've noticed sales falling off.  This year has been the worst. The one thing that I've noticed is all of my free listings are not shown on a search on Google Images while the listings I pay a listing fee on are. I had a basic store until 2 months ago and decided to revert back to a regular account after figuring the $25 per month for the store fees were most of what I was paying each month. (Yes, my sales really got THAT low!) What i have found out is that you have a better chance of selling if you have things that not everyone else has. Search eBay for your item and if there are multiple listings like 50 or more, I would pass on listing it. If you are a small seller like me and your products have a UPC barcode, you might as well find another marketplace that allows your items to be found on a Google search. I even tried listing my ACDelco oil filters with the UPC code where most listings have 'does not apply' and still have gotten no views. I was hoping to build a separate store on eBay for my auto parts, but decided on another marketplace instead.

Message 25 of 52
latest reply

Sales are slow. I've resorted to a 20% off to get things moving again. 400 plus listings. And now, postage going up again in 3 months. Have really been thinking about setting up my own website. At least MOST of the money would be mine and not Ebay or Paypals. I keep shipping low and often take a hit on that too. With it going up, it really puts me in a bind, and anyone doing free shipping is really going to feel the pain.
Message 26 of 52
latest reply

Same here & it seems like it started when they rolled out the new sales hub? Maybe the whole country is heading for the crapper?

Message 27 of 52
latest reply

I have been selling on Ebay for 17 years now.  The first 12 years or so were fantastic.  I would put on big lots of vintge jewelry and people would bid them up.  Life was good.  However, as more sellers jumped on board, rare items became not so rare and with so much merchandise flooding ebay, it drove the prices down to nealry nothing.  You have to have something reallly special now for anyone to even watch it.  Ebay is the worst place to sell vintage jewelry now.  With all this free shipping bull I am just giving stuff away or just ewasting money listing and not selling at all.

I have donated lots to thrift stores so at least I have a write off on taxes

I opened a shop on another site about 5 years ago for my higher end stuff and their fees are lower.  but they are picky about the merchandise. That is Ruby Lane.   I even opened a shop on Etsy but it sucks too.

I really feel for the little people trying to make a living here.  Luckily for me, this is just my hobby.    I don't know if there is a cure for all this dead sales stuff but I don't think it helps for ebay, paypal and shipping to continue going up and cutting into the profits.

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

whatever happened to me was om 9-19-2017. I sell a lot of media stuff . when listing items as new with stock ebay pictures when doing a general search the pictures do not show up. But if you click on the listing it comes up. In addition on many listings of minei see[also available as refurnished 6 items[any number]. with regard to the image issue i called twice and they are aware of it but claim tech is working on it. please note if you upload the pics yourself it works fine  it is just on ebay stock pictures on new items. Ebay takes my money for a store but does not provide service. since 9-19 my sales are not

don

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

http://time.com/3695714/ebay-rise-and-fall/

I have been in the same sinking ship. I came to the forum and found many sellers as well in the same sinking ship. I googled "ebay sales decline" and found some outside answers?......
Message 30 of 52
latest reply