cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales are so slow, what's going on??

I know this is probably covered elsewhere, but my sales are really slow. I don't remember it ever being so slow. I know my stuff isn't for everybody, but I used to at least have more views, watchers, activity. It's starting to feel like a dead mall. I'm really stressed about it. 

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

According to the Hub my current sales are much lower than the previous 30 days. I wasn't sure why until I remembered that last month I had a large amount of inventory I was able to sell for pretty good money in lots at auction.  What I have left is not moving so well at either Fixed Price or auction. I think my single-item sales are fairly steady though not as good as elsewhere.

Message 46 of 52
latest reply

Ebay has made more changes to their search engine and is, as usual, vague about what thos changes are, and it's up to sellers to figure out what they changed and act accordingly.  

I think recently they increased the emphasis on sellers that have fresh stuff that sells.  It's an educated guess based on the fact I had slow sales too and turned it around by clearing out old **bleep** and listing a certain number of penny and 99 cent auctions so that I have a constant stream of new items.  if it doesn't sell for a penny, it's gone.

Message 47 of 52
latest reply

@deserttiels wrote:

I was reading on the community pages that one strategy that eBay is contemplating to fight off-site sales is to monitor communications and if a seller gets a question from a buyer and then unlists the item, eBay may charge a FVF on it, assuming that the seller sold it outside eBay.  As far as I can tell, this is not happening yet, and when I went back to find that discussion, I can't locate it.  There were people musing that this isn't legal, but as with everything else, what power do we have?  So I guess this is a rumor, and I am sorry to have passed it along without first hand knowledge.  If anyone else can find the facts on this please reply.

I read the fall update.  That is not going to be a regular issue.  For that matter, by reporting the buyer to ebay, you can avoid that situation altogether.

I thought you meant they were going to charge FVF if the item ended and didnt sell.  Glad to here that's not the case!

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

Let me know if you find one - if you don't mind. My sales are the slowest they have ever been!
Message 49 of 52
latest reply

Someone after you said they were looking for another site to sell!
Message 50 of 52
latest reply

Same here.  Sales stink.  Maybe one a day if lucky now.  Just terrible.  Natural disasters not helping, but Ebay is horrible these days

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

Hi Im Frank. We are all bleeding out. It's so crazy. No one really knows what is going on. I really recommend Diversifying. Finding new places to sell IN ADDITION to ebay. dont be afraid to pay a little for a new platform. what is 25 dollars a month to make up for hundreds that youve been losing on ebay month after month (at least thats my situation.

I really wish you the best of luck. Please dont let this lull stop you, but motivate you to move in to new markets. go get em, go getter

Everybody wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.
Message 52 of 52
latest reply