cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales are so slow, what's going on??

I know this is probably covered elsewhere, but my sales are really slow. I don't remember it ever being so slow. I know my stuff isn't for everybody, but I used to at least have more views, watchers, activity. It's starting to feel like a dead mall. I'm really stressed about it. 

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

I agree, I beginning to wonder why I'm paying a monthly subscription and am seriously thinking of cancelling it.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

It's the ebay Paradox: As ebay moves forward, it's sellers (which ARE ebay) move backwards.
With all the whiz bang changes, the stock option grubbing execs can't see the forest for the trees.
Message 3 of 52
latest reply

Really slow, no sales for 5 days.  I have an etsy store, with a smattering of items, vintage stuff (I list different things than are on my eBay).  That is even slower.  But when I get a sale, I get more money on Etsy because the fees are so low.  Vintage Christmas stuff can be crazy good on Etsy.  I think I may beef up my inventory on Etsy while eBay is "evolving".   I checked ThredUp, but there is really no money there for second hand clothes sellers.  There are other auction sites, but eBay traditionally has the widest audience.  Amazon is just not doable for one-of-kind things that I deal in.  I've moved some of my clothing inventory over to my next yard sale.  If I can get $5 each with no hassles, it is worth it to get some cash flow.  I'm planning to reduce my eBay inventory by the end of the month.  The FVF on ended unsold items sounds like a danger point and so my summer stuff needs to come down sooner.  I don't know where eBay will bury this post, but I like reading other people's coping strategies.  Please share what is working for you.  

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

My sales are stagnant I think it may be everything that is happening with hurricanes and Nevada.
Message 5 of 52
latest reply

True!!
Message 6 of 52
latest reply

AI artificial intelligence directing buyers to other sellers or new items, because it knows what you should buy and from whom.
Message 7 of 52
latest reply

Could not agree more. With all the new buy it now made in China junk the best they can be is Amazon lite if that is their focus.

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

Me too, sales nose dive even when I ship worldwide.

Is it Ebay problem ... like you say, it is like a dead mall now.

@psfoster1 wrote:

I know this is probably covered elsewhere, but my sales are really slow. I don't remember it ever being so slow. I know my stuff isn't for everybody, but I used to at least have more views, watchers, activity. It's starting to feel like a dead mall. I'm really stressed about it. 

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

I've noticed this, too. September was the lowest selling month I've ever had in years on eBay. I also really hate all the new changes eBay is making for listing, feedback, etc. It's slowing me way down and it doesn't work nearly as well as the old system. I wonder if all these changes have affected sales.
Message 10 of 52
latest reply

I'm averaging a sale a day. Having items that no one else has really helps.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

I looked into Esty and they have a bloody cheek charging people money, there are lots of share holders making money from there but selling is a knightmare, your expexted to use social networks to drive customers to their site, Joke.

Worst of all for me , I have just advertised a lot of items on Ebay and got no sales except for one person trying to buy an item twice and have it sent to another address, it got cancelled.

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

I have lost count of the number of times it says on here UK seller and it turns out to be Chinese, whilst often buying Chinese and don't want to be conned into buying more, Ebay needs to a get a grip on this subterfuge as it is undermining everyone.

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

In the past 15 days I have had one sale for $9.99 shipping included. The other sale I had wanted me to ship to another address, canceled and refunded that the second I read their email. Would rather toss in the trash than get into a INR claim and lose my shipping cost also, since everything I have is shipping included.

I continue to revise listings, changing to 30 day instead of GTC. Several posters said they had much improved sales doing that. Well, I have approx. 160 30 day listings and 80 GTC left and nothing has come from all those hours. Changing titles a bit also.

Am at a loss as to what to do. Have about 20 items recently in a completely new category since I know clothing is a race to the bottom.

Took a second part time job this past Wednesday so may just close my store. Don't have time for constant hoop jumping that doesnt result in  $$.

Suggestions welcome.

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Same here. I think it's because, at least  in our area, there are now many Community Garage Sale sites listed  on Facebook. No fees, no shipping,  as it's local, ability to negotiate prices and instant pickup.   Sellers can list by albums: buyers can shop through the site, for anything from baby clothes to automobiles.  Except for rare and antique items, I think buyers are finding the Community Sales more appealing and less expensive. 

Message 15 of 52
latest reply