cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLD Listings showing different Listings than item selected??

Researching S.Prather Highwaymen style paintings and every sold listing I click on (6) before I quit shows me a TOTALLY different item that sold and not what is pictured?? Anyone else?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: SOLD Listings showing different Listings than item selected?? - this is bad

Hi -

Just to get my voice out here I cannot understand why they changed this.  If anyone with any authority at eBay is reading this believe me this is a step backwards, that I cannot see my own sold item listings.

(It would also be useful to still see sold items from other sellers for the past 60 days or whatever it was before.  This is useful when researching an odd item that you are considering selling.)

When I am getting ready to mail something out, and I click on the item that I sold, I should see my listing.   Why would I want to see the message "The item you selected is no longer available" and then see a bunch of different items from other sellers?

Also, sometimes I put detailed description into some of my listings.   If there is some kind of dispute later, how can we see precisely how the item was described?  (Unless there is some kind of trick to see these that I don't know about.)

Tom

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

When you click on a sold (or unsold but ended listing) and ebay directs you to that unsolicted item, the top of the page says "The listing you're looking for is no longer available..." you can click on the word  "listing".  It is a liink that will take you to the sold or ended item you were originally looking for.

So you CAN see those items but ebay just made it a burdon for everyone by having to go through extra steps.  Ebay's version of a pop-up ad I guess, trying to get you to buy something you didn't ask for.  STOP THIS EBAY!

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

For only some items you can do that with the "listing". However most of the other items, there is nothing you can do to go back to the listing page that you have sold. This is the most outrageous thing ebay have ever done. As a seller, I agree with Rombouts_book, you can't see what you sell anymore.
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Yeah at first I thought it was me.

this really hurts when it comes to researching

seems like ebay is at it's worse these days

I really don't need them to tell me an item to look for, I know what I'm looking for I don't need any help thank you ebay

It will hurt them as many of us won't be able to do our reasearch for buying things to SELL on ebay

I don't plan on buying anything from now on to re sell on here. I hope to sell most of my stuff off over the next several years and ride off into the sunset

I was planning on ebay to help supplement when I retire but I'm making other plans now

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

As far as I can tell if you used the eBay catalog you get the Item is no longer available page with NO way to see the original item. 

Or if you use GTC then its still available. 

BUT I suspect there is another reason. Last Dec ebay purched Terapeak. The only reason to keep anyone from viewing a sold item is so they can sell that info to you. Just another way to jam their hands deaper into the sellers pocket. Its sickening. 

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebay-signs-agreement-to-acquire-terapeak/

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

As a seller doing research on solds, this item re-direct has been very annoying!  Honestly, I think somehow it might be illegal - bait and switch?  Website design 101: the job of a link is to take a visitor to the page they want to see.  Consumers want to make their own shopping selections - Ebay is stepping in here and saying, "No, you don't want that.  You want THIS instead."  More often than not, the item you are re-directed to is a different BRAND, STYLE, or SIZE!  

This underhanded passive-agressive "gotcha" is affecting buyers too!  I just received a cancellation request from someone who told me they clicked on a pair of size 12 pants, were taken to my listing for a size 4 (NOT what they clicked on), and placed the order.  Good thing they noticed right away, so I hadn't shipped them yet!  I would be upset if I recieved a pair of pants that was 4 sizes too small, wouldn't you!?!  So my $52 sale turned into a cancelled sale, and I will be on the phone with Ebay soon to let them know that they will be paying my new insertion fee, not me.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

brian@ebay tyler@ebay  I haven't yet seen an answer to the question whether this is deliberate or a bug?  

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Yep, it happened to me multiple times,  When I do a sold listings for a particular barbie seller, I get taken to Ebay Motors.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

brian@ebay tyler@ebay  I haven't yet seen an answer to the question whether this is deliberate or a bug?  

Hi @dtexley3 - happy to clarify. This was an intentional change to improve standing with search results from third party search engines. Alan elaborated more on this here. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 24
latest reply