cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVICE METRICS MONEY GRAB FOR FAILING COMPANY

To whom it may concern that is having the same issues with lack of support from eBay CSR. I have been in contact with eBay regarding service metrics and being charged an extra 5% fee due to customer opening all cases as INAD regardless of if it was the case or not. There should be some sort of protection for the seller in the case that the buyer makes up a lie to be able to return an item and not have to pay for return shipping. This is clearly a money grab by eBay since they are losing market cap with their poor business decisions (I.E. international returns/authenticity programs). It is clear that the people at the top don't care about the people that make them their wages (US THE SELLERS). Something needs to be done about this being a class action lawsuit or something since this is technically stealing being that there is no base to charge extra fees other than the buyers word (which doesn't even have to be proven, the customer can open a case as not as described and never send the item back and it will still count against you). Why that is you ask? Well it is very clear that it's in eBays best interest to charge extra fees.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

@properthreadz 

You are not addressing eBay, inc. here on these boards.  This is a community discussion forum for buyers and sellers.  Since you didn't have much luck with eBay customer service you may be better served by reaching out on social media via Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These agents are US CS eBay employees and may better serve you and your situation.  Many positive posts with their ability to be helpful.  In the past they were helpful concerning my issue and were very helpful.  Give it a try...it might be worth it.

Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Buyers lie to all sellers about false SNADs therefore all sellers are judged on the same basis, true and false SNADs altogether.

Most sellers manage to keep their SNADs under the threshold for the extra fee. Being singled out for having more unsatisfied customers than most is not a tort that can result in a suit.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

@properthreadz 

ok, let us know when u open the class action and its details to give those that want the opportunity to join

i tried in vain to fight a service metrics hit given me and got nowhere

Make sure to report abusive buyers

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I got hit for INR on my other account, albeit hasn’t cost me additional fees, they used it to remove benefits I had. Absolutely preposterous stuff these guys are up to. 

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

eBays stand on this is that we are compared to our "peers", and as such, if our #'s highly exceed those of other sellers there "must" be a reason for it.  Sellers with a "higher" rate of "INAD"  result in higher expenses for eBay, and they are attempting to recoup the losses while allowing the seller to....................  remain a seller, and to improve. Time was, we were shown the door, and asked to never return again. 

Unfortunately, flawed, or otherwise, there is a "base to charge extra fees".  It's called an eBay policy that is in the user agreement.

eBay could make adjustments as to how the "metrics" work to determine "high", but again their stand is...................    "compared to your peers", so they consider the policy to be evenly applied as your "peers" are subject to the same possible situations. 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

"... the customer can open a case as not as described and never send the item back and it will still count against you"

@properthreadz 

If a case is opened, approve it and send the buyer a return shipping label. You won't have to refund until your item is back and you won't incur any dings to your Seller Metrics. Good luck moving forward.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

While true in the US, Service Metrics are different if they're in other countries, where every case, resolved/escalated/ignored, or whatever the case may be, is counted against them.  Doesn't matter what they do, just the fact that it was opened is a problem.  That means those sellers have to be extra proactive in trying to avoid that ever happening if possible.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

You are correct...E-bay is now run by zealots and have learned nothing about how their platform is losing money and users...it has only been two years as their head of trust and safety was arrested and is now spending 5 years in jail for targeting individuals and E-bay paid the victims 3 million dollars.

E-bay made zero changes and has only gotten worse...several large dealers have left the platform and one of the biggest to leave was PWCC who at the time was the largest card dealer on E-bay and did over 100 million dollars annually on the platform...now they run their own auctions and will never return to this platform

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

@1syndicate wrote:

You are correct...E-bay is now run by zealots and have learned nothing about how their platform is losing money and users...it has only been two years as their head of trust and safety was arrested and is now spending 5 years in jail for targeting individuals and E-bay paid the victims 3 million dollars.

E-bay made zero changes and has only gotten worse...several large dealers have left the platform and one of the biggest to leave was PWCC who at the time was the largest card dealer on E-bay and did over 100 million dollars annually on the platform...now they run their own auctions and will never return to this platform

PWCC was booted from ebay for suspected shilling. 

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

edited .................as someone already posted what I posted😐

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

While true in the US, Service Metrics are different if they're in other countries, where every case, resolved/escalated/ignored, or whatever the case may be, is counted against them.  Doesn't matter what they do, just the fact that it was opened is a problem.  That means those sellers have to be extra proactive in trying to avoid that ever happening if possible.

Wow. Those poor foreigners. Good to know if reading posts from those people...

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@doc-holmes wrote:

@1syndicate wrote:

PWCC was booted from ebay for suspected shilling. 

Correct.  But why let facts get in the way of a good rant?  😉 The OP certainly isn't.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@properthreadz wrote:

“…the customer can open a case as not as described and never send the item back and it will still count against you). Why that is you ask? Well it is very clear that it's in eBays best interest to charge extra fees.”

You are a successful Top Rated Seller with a 30-day return policy. With respect, why are you allowing eBay to “step in” to resolve your cases? These penalties you are incurring can be mitigated if not entirely avoided.

For the penalty to take effect, the seller must refuse to cooperate with the Not As Described claim, must refuse the return and the refund, refuse to resolve the open case.

In retail, returns happen.  Shrinkage happens. In mail-order sales, damage can happen in transit. Not every transaction will be smooth. In order to manage the landmines, one must manuever around them. Instead, it seems you are blatantly daring them to explode. 

eBay protects the buyers interests first and foremost. That is its prime philosophy and won’t change. If one cannot navigate this practice, this may not be the right venue. Pitting yourself against both the unhappy buyer and eBay is hurting your otherwise stellar record here.

You have invested so much on this platform to be successful. What is your plan to deal with the downside to online retail?

PS—bone up on the Legal Disputes section of the User Agreement. Every seller who does not opt-out has agreed to binding arbitration in lieu of class actions.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

It’s not about Ebay stepping in to resolve any of the cases I always take care of my customers.  The problem is customers open up the incorrect cases, and regardless of if the customer sends the item back to you or not, it counts against you in your service metrics even though to me, that would mean it was never proven that your item wasn’t as described if the person never even sent the item back to you. 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply