cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$$ SCROUNGE LOUNGE $$ JUNE 2017 $$

If someone has already started the June thread, I apologize; a site mod can merge.

Spent 6 hours today on the 400-mile yard sale.  About what I expected - a few keepers, a few listers and a few to take to a local auction house.

We had to start late because my better half (who is just a tad older than me) had to go to the local Social Security office to get enrolled for her age 62 benefits.  For some reason she seemed to be walking just a little slower than me today while we were out scrounging.

Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: $$ SCROUNGE LOUNGE $$ JUNE 2017 $$

I really really wish my DD wouldn't text me "are you working tonight?" and then not respond when I reply I'm not.....

I don't know whether to think "oh yay, they're taking me out to dinner" or "ruhroh, you need a babysitter?"

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 61 of 147
latest reply

it was the second one LOL

Not that I don't love the grands but.......I did work 9 nights straight.

No rest for the wicked I guess = )

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 62 of 147
latest reply

Mornin'

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!  Hope you all have a Great Day!

Congrats to those having sales & also Congrats to those celebrating their anniversary.

Ours was in April.  41 years.  Where did the time go???  !

Has been hot n humid here for several weeks.  Supposed to cool down a bit this week which will be a nice & welcome change.

Sales are so so, but I just keep listing & hoping for the best 😉  That's about all a person can do.

Everyone came over for dinner last night & we had a good time.  Kids are getting so big!

Ethan will be a Junior this next school year!!  AND he got straight A's on his report card!!

He's trying to find different ways to make $ this summer so he's been helping 1 of his uncles roofing houses & also got a job at Taco Bell.   He's in a small town so not much to choose from.  But he's def. a go getter 🙂

Spelling honestly doesn't matter to me like it does to others.  Sometimes the fingers move quicker than the brain works, so not worth mentioning & embarassing a person over it 😉

I'm sure I mis-spelled a few words in this post too innocent

Well I have to get a load of laundry in the dryer & then figure out something to make for dinner tonight.

Have a great day all ! 

Message 63 of 147
latest reply

I'm packing up all my unlisted stuff from the kitchen & living room (yes again) to haul up to storage as the LL is coming over Monday and the less he has to biotch about the better = )

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 64 of 147
latest reply

Got all the "stuff" in the living room packed up. Now to lug the boxes into the car then up to storage then out of the car and HOPE I have enough space to stack it.

Then come back and start all over again on the "stuff" in the kitchen.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 65 of 147
latest reply

It's such a simple little world, Yme, but such a hard one to use with family.  But an occasional "no" would be a good thing.

Laurie

My broom brakes for all thrift stores.
Message 66 of 147
latest reply

"word", not world.

Message 67 of 147
latest reply

M*M, sounds like a good idea to find  a different job.  You put in some awfully frigid mornings this past winter.

Laurie

Message 68 of 147
latest reply

Great profit you had on all those sales, Kyal!

Laurie

Message 69 of 147
latest reply

You know how I'm into the 6th month of my "do not buy more stuff" thing? Well packing this all up makes me realize I really don't need to go near a TS or YS for another year LOL

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 70 of 147
latest reply

Sounds like gestapo management, Y. I was just talking to someone about that, rental unit inspection issues... Too bad how rigid things have become. I suppose if he didn't do it, he'd have to hire someone, must be a legal/safety issue. 

Oh, how long has it been since ebay allowed CHOICE auctions and why can't I find the right description of it to report?

WTH is this? 182617979984

This is what happens before "I" list anything, I've been looking at sewing patterns and find this kind of thing, which gets me diverted from my duties lol

Message 71 of 147
latest reply

That's a multi variation listing. Okay in that category but I find I sell better listing individually.

fwiw the upstairs hoarder neighbour is on a month to month and he inspects her monthly. I'd kill him if that was me.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 72 of 147
latest reply

Seller has 3 of these in the first 25 listings.

Can't find anything about "Choice" in report form but it is a policy, found that.
Message 73 of 147
latest reply

A "choice" listing is one where they use one listing and you have to message the seller with which one you "choose". Choice listings aren't eBay legal.

If it has a drop down box then it's a variation listing which is.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 74 of 147
latest reply

Debatable based on the description i read regarding condition (How many patterns do people have that are basically exactly the same)..not. (especially vintage) I did see a lot of choice auctions in the category after digging around, but thought most of them were hers. (assuming)...

Oh, that doesn't seem right, Y. that's so intrusive. Might be a story there. Seems very strange unless she's clinical OCD or whatever...could be strange. I watch too much TV tho. LOL

Pat, congrats to your GS with those straight A's! Fantastic!

Hi Laurie!
Message 75 of 147
latest reply