cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russia/Georgia Scam - NEVER deliver to New Castle Deleware address!!

So the new scam that is destroying EBAY uses a shipping service based out of New Castle Deleware. 

Here is how they work the scam in a nutshell.

https://www.usa2georgia.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/58/11/what-will-my-us-addr...

Today they hit me for ALL my auctions, what a pain.   I was smart enough to know not to send to an address like this.  All the scammer user names seem to have an underscore in them or are watching and being watched by a bunch of fake EBAY stores, pretty easy to spot if you are careful.

Ive read about two scams, fake paypal payments, and they say they never recieved the item at like the 90 day mark.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Russia/Georgia Scam - NEVER deliver to New Castle Deleware address!!

Did they pay?

What reason are you using for cancelling?

Do you sell US only or Internationally?

Message 2 of 48
latest reply

@462cid

Why do you think it's a scam?  Though the website is kind of scanty, it looks like it is a re-shipping company to me.   Lots of foreign buyers use a re-shipping service.  They open an account with the re-shipper, have their US purchases sent there, then the package is loaded up with others going to whatever foreign country usually in a container.  Shipping is usually much less than it would be if the package was sent singly and direct which is why people use such services.

IF a buyer uses a re-shipper, then they lose their ability to use eBay'sMoney Back Guarantee.  If you send your item to the re-shipper, send it via a trackable service so if there's any question whether it was delivered, you have proof.  You're only responsible for getting it to the US address that was provided by eBay/PayPal.  Doesn't matter what happens to it after that.

If you get a bidder who has an ID with a bunch of letters in it, that's someone who is buying/bidding on eBay as a guest.  Doesn't mean they are shady;  just means they registered as a guest.

Were any of these items paid for?  Have you looked in your PayPal account to verify that payment has been received?   Don't go by any emails or other messages.  The only reliable source with that info is your PayPal account. Log into it and see.

What does your PayPal account say is the shipping address?  Is that the same one as in the transaction record on eBay?   If so, you have no legitimate reason to cancel if you have been paid.  If you do cancel, you will get a defect from eBay which is something you don't want to do.

If you could answer the questions above to provide more info, that will help others here tell you what you should do.

HTH

Message 3 of 48
latest reply

You found a reshipper address. That alone doesnt make the buyer a scammer. Reshippers do nothing BUT reship to buyers around the world. Of course there may be scammers who use reshippers but a reshipper address alone doesnt mean you have a scammer. 

If youre going to list smartphones you will attract scammers regardless. Sell them for fixed price with immed. payment required and use a shipping method that will give you delivery confirmation. Avoiding a reshipper address is not going to really help you. I sell to reshipper addresses all the time w/no problems.

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

@462cidwrote:

So the new scam that is destroying EBAY uses a shipping service based out of New Castle Deleware. 

I've shipped packages to that freight forwarder and didn't have any problems.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 48
latest reply

Thanks for the info!  Unfortunately there is a long list of scames where Eastern European and Russioan scammers use these services to get items and they then file claims against the seller for non reciept or damage, or the seller finds out that the paypal was hacked and the seller gets the money taken away from him.  

Not worth the risk IMO, and when I specify that I sell to US only, I dont want to get scammed by an overseas buyer as there is zero protection from EBAY or pyapal

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

I specify US sales only, this is not a US sale.  

Google the address and see the myriad of theft, scams, and other nightmares when shipping to these addresses.  EBAY and PayPal did this to themselves with their anti-seller, pro-scammer policies.  

I choose to err on the side of caution and this clearly reminds me why I havent used ebay in ages.  

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

Once it gets to the reshipper you’re done. There’s no claim that will be paid by eBay or Paypal
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 8 of 48
latest reply

I ship to re-shippers all the time.

No harm, No foul, Their money spends like any other.

If the buyer in Russia or wherever has an issue? Not really my problem, is it? I didn't
sell to a buyer in Russia. I shipped it to an in between and he's my customer.
Message 9 of 48
latest reply

@mg152wrote:
Once it gets to the reshipper you’re done. There’s no claim that will be paid by eBay or Paypal

And a seller who cancels just a few of these sales is also done; since it is a US address, and there is no legitimate reason for a cancel that will result in those mega defects for unjustified cancellations (eBay will treat it as out of stock, which will kill end your selling career here fast).

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Exactly.   Many sellers don't sell internationally *as such* but if a purchase is made through a U.S.-based reshipper, that is a stateside sale and only has to be shipped to that U.S. address.   At that point, it's done.

Now, if any online seller who uses PayPal, for example, fails to use due diligence and sends off merchandise based on received emails and such, they're ripe to be scammed by crooks from all over, including right here in the USA.

I've had many sales that were shipped through reshippers with nary a problem.    

Message 11 of 48
latest reply

@462cid wrote:

Unfortunately there is a long list of scames where Eastern European and Russioan scammers use these services to get items and they then file claims against the seller for non reciept or damage,

No. When you ship to a reshipper address then THAT is the address that you are using for Delivery confirmation. It doesnt matter where it goes after that because you just need to prove delivery to THAT address. The one you got with the payment.

Maybe you are thinking of sales where the seller ships direct to Russia or wherever and they use some cheap method like 1st Class Package where they cannot prove delivery to that country. Then you do lose if the buyer files the INR. You do not lose an INR if you are just shipping to the address in Delaware. That is the difference.

or the seller finds out that the paypal was hacked and the seller gets the money taken away from him.  

No. For a chargeback or unauthorized charge you just need to prove that you shipped to the address on the payment. You dont even need to prove delivery for that.

Not worth the risk IMO, and when I specify that I sell to US only, I dont want to get scammed by an overseas buyer as there is zero protection from EBAY or pyapal

No. There is protection but you have to know what you will and will not be covered for and how it works. You can get just as ripped off with a US based scammer. You are a lot safer shipping to a US reshipper than you are shipping direct to some third world address that wont give you delivery Confirmation. 

And for a Not as Described dispute the buyer has to return his item to his reshipper becuase you would only need to send a return label for shipping back from the reshipper address in Delaware. Not from Russia or wherever.

Message 12 of 48
latest reply

@mg152wrote:

Not true.  As long as he is willing to pay for shipping back, a buyer can file SNAD.  You would then have to refund.

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

And after you ship, the buyer makes a claim of damage, no reciept, not as advertised, or if it's with a hacked paypal account you are 100% out of luck, they are not reachable. 

This is usually how these scams go. 

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

@462cidwrote:

Thanks for the info!  Unfortunately there is a long list of scames where Eastern European and Russioan scammers use these services to get items and they then file claims against the seller for non reciept or damage, or the seller finds out that the paypal was hacked and the seller gets the money taken away from him.  

You can get scammed just as easy in the US.

I agree, a lot of scammers use freight forwarders, so do a lot of honest buyers.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 48
latest reply