cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russia/Georgia Scam - NEVER deliver to New Castle Deleware address!!

So the new scam that is destroying EBAY uses a shipping service based out of New Castle Deleware. 

Here is how they work the scam in a nutshell.

https://www.usa2georgia.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/58/11/what-will-my-us-addr...

Today they hit me for ALL my auctions, what a pain.   I was smart enough to know not to send to an address like this.  All the scammer user names seem to have an underscore in them or are watching and being watched by a bunch of fake EBAY stores, pretty easy to spot if you are careful.

Ive read about two scams, fake paypal payments, and they say they never recieved the item at like the 90 day mark.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

@emerald40wrote:

@mg152wrote:
Once it gets to the reshipper you’re done. There’s no claim that will be paid by eBay or Paypal

Not true.  As long as he is willing to pay for shipping back, a buyer can file SNAD.  You would then have to refund.

If the buyer filed a PP snad then yes,  they might win and would have to send the item back on their own dime. But ebay specifically does not allow snad claims if the item has been forwarded.

Like many others, I've shipped to a number of forwarders and never had a problem.  

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

@pjcdn2005wrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@mg152wrote:
Once it gets to the reshipper you’re done. There’s no claim that will be paid by eBay or Paypal

Not true.  As long as he is willing to pay for shipping back, a buyer can file SNAD.  You would then have to refund.

If the buyer filed a PP snad then yes,  they might win and would have to send the item back on their own dime. But ebay specifically does not allow snad claims if the item has been forwarded.

Like many others, I've shipped to a number of forwarders and never had a problem.  

But have you dealt with this specific forwarder which seems to have a lot of scams associated with them judging by what I am reading here and by googling that addres.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

I really don't remember if I've dealt with them or not, I was simply pointing out that ebay does offer some protection when dealing with claims from buyers who used a reshipper. 

There have been other threads on here about other reshippers who have a 'bad' reputation if you do a search online. There is usually at least one poster who has sent something there without a problem. But you are always going to read about the bad experiences, people don't post saying that everything went well when they sent a package to xxx reshipping company. 

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

But have you dealt with this specific forwarder which seems to have a lot of scams associated with them judging by what I am reading here and by googling that addres.

I believe a lot of the stuff that goes to Europe and that area goes through that Deleware address.   There is one forwarder in Oregon that seems to be one a lot from Japan seem to use, as I send to an address there occasionally as well.

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote: 

As above: go Googling for problems and you will of course find problems. No one posts about successful transactions with the same outfit, therefore you will not find any. All you will find are complaints, and thus you will convince yourself that that company is nothing but trouble, when in fact they simply forward packages. 

As was already explained, you only need to prove delivery to the reshipper address, not to the buyer (who might be anywhere in the world). If they want to return the item later, it's up to them to get it back to the reshipper in the U.S., because you only need to cover return shipping from that location.

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

As I said if you sell high value items, it would pay for a scam buyer to pay shipping and send you back something out of a gumball machine.

And you would have to refund him.

It may work for some, but I would never take the chance, not until paypal closes the loophole that once it leaves the reshipper, won and done.

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

What you goin to do once ebay begins handling the payments and makes GSP mandatory? Won't be no won and done....

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

You ealize I assume that ebay itself offers a reshipper service(global shipping)and I am sure if you google it you can find complaints

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 23 of 48
latest reply

I'm storing up vintage tennis shoes the somalian pirates need them badly,but can use paypal,but will be more than welcome with ebay express.... It will give a new meaning to Whats in your wallet?

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

@bubbleman2010wrote:

What you goin to do once ebay begins handling the payments and makes GSP mandatory? Won't be no won and done....

Then I will be here 19 years and done.

The items I sell are not ones I can afford to take a chance on.

Unless that new Aiden(sp) closes that loophole, I may consider it.  Depending on reading more about them.

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

They will be just a transfer service ebay will be your go to place for problems you will never ever contact them. I'm looking forward to the service being implemented the worlds thugs have been kept at bay to long and they have tons of money just burning holes in their pockets....

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

As I said if you sell high value items, it would pay for a scam buyer to pay shipping and send you back something out of a gumball machine.

It may work for some, but I would never take the chance, not until paypal closes the loophole that once it leaves the reshipper, won and done.

Which is different from what can happen with a domestic sale how...?

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

I coud actually make some good money if I were willing to sell to a place like Australia.

I am often asked if I would be willing to sell to that country because excellent cut high quality diamonds are so expensive over there.

I do sell to a few long time customers if they are willing to pay for the $100+ Fed Ex Int'l shipping.

So I would love a safe way to send my items to some place in the US and once they leave there, you buy it, you own it.  But then do I trust whomever is repackaging the items in Kentucky.   I pack a certain way (the OCD, paranoid method)  Would I trust the way they do it and not to have sticky fingers while they do it.

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

@yuzuhawrote:

@emerald40wrote:

Which is different from what can happen with a domestic sale how...?

As I have previously said, with domestic shipping there are a few methods I can at least try if something goes south.

How can I do that with someone in Ukraine, Indonesia, Yugoslavia, Lithunia, Egypt, Romania, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Israel and Nigeria.

According to google that is where most of the scams originate.

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

Not sure if this is related, but I shipped to that exact address on Friday. The listing was for a buy 3 get 1 free (add 4 to cart) promo. Turns out the buyer just bought 3 (my packing dept doesn't catch this because they don't know about my changing promos) and shipped it out. Today the buyer is now telling me which type of shirt he wants for free. I told him it was already sent out and he was supposed to add 4 to cart. I offered to send the free one combined with his next purchase if he buys from me again.

He just replied he will never buy from me again, that he added 3 to cart (incriminating himself) and cussed me out.

Message 30 of 48
latest reply