cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision

Hello all! I need some expert help. I have an active listing with a starting bid placed that I need to revise, as I posted an inaccurate measurement, however, I am unable to do so. Please advise? TIA

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Revision

@msbrit2007wrote:

Hello all! I need some expert help. I have an active listing with a starting bid placed that I need to revise, as I posted an inaccurate measurement, however, I am unable to do so. Please advise? TIA

@msbrit2007

If you already have at least one bid on your item, you cannot edit the description.  You can *add* to the description which will then appear below the main description block.   However, your bidder may not see that addition, and could complain later that notation wasn't there when he/she bid on the item.

Best to contact the bidder, apologize, inform them of the discrepancy and ask if they want to cancel their bid.   If they don't, then go in and add to the description, and let the auction run.  If they do want to cancel their bid, I'd end the auction and re-list with the correct information.  The bidder may/may not come back and re-bid, but at least you won't have any confusion/problems with anyone complaining the item isn't as described.

For more info about what you can/cannot revise on a listing depending on type or timing, see: https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

HTH

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ignore, made a wrong assumption

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are an eBay guru ❤️ Thanks soooo much!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply