Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! I'm stumped. Can someone give me a hand, and not the slapping of both palms together kind?

I'm preparing to list 5 items on a single listing, which I've done before, but I always offered the "Best Offer" option for the buyer. I don't want to do that this time. Is there a way for a seller who does not have a storefront to do this, or am I g...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why PayPal WHY?

So....I have always printed my packing slips from PayPal for a few different reasons. One, it makes sure I've been paid (regardless of what eBay shows) and as a holder of multiple IDs I liked being able to print out all my packing slips for all IDs f...

cash flow

I see posts from many people about the lack of sales recently. I personally feel great concern when sales sag either here or on Amazon. This is because the quarterly taxes are unforgiving. I have to be careful not to spend much of my bookselling inco...

User avatar by Guide
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling store coupons

Does eBay allow selling store coupons? Such as baby formula 8 dollars off? It says on the coupon not to be resold so I don't want to get in trouble. I see others doing it but wondered if it was OK

eBay Removing Listings Without Warning?

Hi all, Upon investigation of why a particular category of items has showed drastically decreased sales, I have found that apparently eBay has removed a large number of my listings. I have a call back scheduled with eBay, but wanted to check out here...

Free returns this fall

So Alan@ebay or Trinton@ebay ....the new free return policy starting this fall states extra protection...what extra protection will ebay offer for sellers ? Thanks! Extra protection. Starting this fall, when you offer free returns, if the returned it...

tip for book sellers

I stumbled upon a trick that is mostly helping me with a problem of the past several weeks, ebay assigning the wrong category when listing by ISBN. I've discovered that if I accept the wrong category, later it will block me from relisting for...havin...

User avatar by Guide
  • 10 replies
  • 3 helpful

Resolved! How do other sellers handle this??

In the last month I have accepted offers from several different buyers who within hours have asked that the transaction be cancelled for some reason or another. Althought it is disappointing to lose a sale I usually just cancel it. It has now happene...

EBAY STEALING MILLIONS

Why is it that Ebay claims the USPS online shipping discount as there own? Then charges a final value fee on shipping? We break even at best, usually lose money, on shipping. This site has become a profit before people criminal enterprise since being...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 19 replies
  • 4 helpful

Resolved! Buyer Wins a $5.00 Auction But Can Not Pay ???

Here is the email I just got while you guys were on my other post. Well too bad I can not list the ID of the buyer. And the drama continues on Ebay !... What should I do now >>>??? Oh yes $5 plus shipping. Great to see Americans so broke . GRRRR> I w...

Resolved! Buyer Wants To Cancel Best offer Price

I had a USMC 10K gold ring listed as a buy it now or best offer. Buyer made an offer which I accepted. After sending an invoice the buyer sent me a message that his wife does not like the ring and wants to cancel. Never had this happen before so I wo...

How badly can eBay screw up their own site?

If you're a seller this site has really degenerated into a complete waste of time. The simplest tasks now require enormous effort - IF they can be done at all.If you want to sell something at a fixed price - but allow for a best offer - FORGET IT.If ...

• 11 replies
  • 5 helpful

Fees overcharge - simply cann'ot get a refund

So, in May ebay lowered the fees they charge for the guitar & bass category to 3.5% instead of %7.Almost all the items I sell fit in this catagory. After that change, many of the items I sold during the month were still charged %7.15. I also had mult...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Buyer no longer lives at the address

I sent the item created the label through ebay and shipped it. Few days later I asked for a payment $305. His response was where have you shipped the item. I told him what ever you ebay account address is, they created the shipping label. The item ha...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors