cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted selling wants ALL sold tracking numbers

reBay put my account on restriction with no just cause 

I have excellent ratings and now they sent an email wanting ALL my sold tracking numbers .
They sent this notice AFTER I have sold 5 items that now I want to refund buyers and close my account with eBay .
Never had one complaint from a buyer 

buyers rave about my high end products 
EBAY had no right to send this notice AFTER I sold and now will MORE likely penalize me with fees cause I do not want to do business with a company that does this way !!  I have tried 4 calls to rectify this with NO results .

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @emeraldlady53 

It looks like you've been selling high-end products for less than 6 months ... so eBay is trying to ensure that your account hasn't been hacked AND that you are not selling counterfeit items.

Are you completely signed up for Managed Payments?  That is also necessary before you are able to receive payments for your items.

You would likely get the same scrutiny on any selling venue you go to.  It's not personal.  Once you get passed the 'probationary period' ... you'll probably have smooth sailing.  It would be a shame to burn your bridges by cancelling orders and blowing up your account.  It's really not worth it in the long run.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

@emeraldlady53 wrote:

EBAY had no right to send this notice AFTER I sold and now will MORE likely penalize me with fees cause I do not want to do business with a company that does this way !!  I have tried 4 calls to rectify this with NO results .

Their site their rules

Most likely at the behest of VeRO for which Chanel is a member.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 61
latest reply

All them brand new designer name goods: and you don't see why eBay want info???

Or even better receipts to prove were you got the stuff??

Message 3 of 61
latest reply

So what is the problem?  Your sales seem to be good.  So just send them the tracking numbers.   But that is the least of your potential worries.  Chanel does not allow small sellers to sell their branded items on Ebay.  Anticipate having to also provide receipts for all you listings and having your funds placed on hold for awhile.

Message 4 of 61
latest reply

They absolutely have a right to & some would say a responsibility to.   Considering all the 'smash & grab' robberies in the news lately, eBay has gotten much better about verifying the chain of custody.  Having witnessed a 'grab' robbery, just a few weeks ago, in the middle of the day, in front of a bunch of customers, I totally understand why eBay is doing this.   I'm sure Chanel is a VERO member as well.  eBay is just trying to keep the site safe for everyone.  

Just send them the info & take it 1 step at a time.  If you have a valid chain of custody, it shouldn't be an issue. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 61
latest reply

is VERO a law or a conspiracy among businesses?

Message 6 of 61
latest reply

If you shipped using Ebay labels, the tracking information should be already uploaded. Just cut and paste all that into the query Ebay is sending you. Hope this clears up for you!

Message 7 of 61
latest reply

Vero + Verified rights owner: they can say fake or not;

They can even take you to court to make you pay them losses incurred to them for sale fakes and or lose of sales on their part, plus fines etc...

To eBay VERO is god.

Message 8 of 61
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

It's not a law. It's a program created by eBay.

Message 9 of 61
latest reply

@emeraldlady53 wrote:

EBAY had no right to send this notice AFTER I sold and now will MORE likely penalize me with fees cause I do not want to do business with a company that does this way !! 

1st- of COURSE they would ask for tracking numbers AFTER a sale. When would you expect them to ask for tracking numbers?  They couldn't possibly ask BEFORE a sale or a label or a tracking number was even created yet.

2nd- No; you will not be penalized anything for anything. Don't know why you thought to add this in your rant; has nothing to do with nothing and is completely made up

3rd- as others have stated, you will, or maybe they meant to ask for 'receipts' to prove where/how you got all this Brand New High End stuff as they usually do this when someone goes from 10 mph to 200 mph in sales (and didn't mean to ask for 'tracking') 

Message 10 of 61
latest reply

You have to admit that it is VERY odd that you would have thousands of dollars in NEW luxury brand merchandise that seldom goes on sale if ever, and be able to turn a profit on here given the fees, etc.

Message 11 of 61
latest reply

@gkn29 wrote:

@deltilogical wrote:

It's not a law. It's a program created by eBay.

The entire reason for eBay's Vero program is because of the LAWS passed many years ago. Specifically the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).

Vero is merely a program set up by eBay for copyright holders to have a streamlined way to submit and track the claims they make under the DMCA. It also serves the same function for sellers to file counter notices if they feel the infringement notice was not valid.

Copyright holder do not "need" the Vero program, any copyright owner can file a Notice Of Copyright Infringement regardless if they are a "Vero member" or not.

Message 12 of 61
latest reply

Im surprised they didnt ask you for receipts for all those brand new designer items that you are selling at such huge mark downs.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 13 of 61
latest reply

Hi @emeraldlady53 

It looks like you've been selling high-end products for less than 6 months ... so eBay is trying to ensure that your account hasn't been hacked AND that you are not selling counterfeit items.

Are you completely signed up for Managed Payments?  That is also necessary before you are able to receive payments for your items.

You would likely get the same scrutiny on any selling venue you go to.  It's not personal.  Once you get passed the 'probationary period' ... you'll probably have smooth sailing.  It would be a shame to burn your bridges by cancelling orders and blowing up your account.  It's really not worth it in the long run.

Message 14 of 61
latest reply

@emeraldlady53 wrote:

now they sent an email wanting ALL my sold tracking numbers .
They sent this notice AFTER I have sold 5 items that now I want to refund buyers and close my account with eBay . 

So you want to close your account and refund buyers rather than just sending the 5 tracking numbers that you would need to send them in the event of an "Item Not Received" claim anyway? 

That aside ...

Selling multiple identical brand new $1000+ items by Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Prada items using the exact same pictures each is probably what made you pop up on eBay's radar. 

Message 15 of 61
latest reply