cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported a fraud but no action has been taken

There is a user with ID:   who listed electronics items at the same price of $8.99 while items have a value of $50-$100 , it's quite clear that the guy it trying to scam buyers and there are no goods for sale. I already reported the user and also contacted CS and they agreed that an action needs to be taken against the member and they already  forwarded the report to their policy team who can take an appropriate action on the buyer, but from 2 days ago, no action has been taken and he is still collecting money from buyers and sold hundreds item. I reported many frauds so far and actions were taken in minutes, but for this one, it seems  eBay doesn't want to take any action for some reason!!!

I also listed some of the items he already listed for sale but because of his fraud, I couldn't  sell anything. Is there any way to stop such scams and fraud?

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Reported a fraud but no action has been taken

They didn't remove this sellers he's now getting negatives and I purchased an item from him. The thing is they come back again and again.

When you look at sold items only 8 shows up.

Message 31 of 53
latest reply

@the.world.of.appliance 

I have my 10 digits zip code on all my accounts... do you think that helps #1 on your list? 

Message 32 of 53
latest reply

Sorry for the late reply, if you're a buyer AND there are a lot of COMPLAINTS against the seller, don't worry, just make an INR claim and eBay will refund your payment. Otherwise, you need to contact the shipping carrier and ask them for a GPS coordinates of the delivery, and provide it to eBay/Paypal.

Message 33 of 53
latest reply

interesting post indeed !! I do not think any of the other posters are supporting fraudulent activities ! First off fraudulent activities occur on ebay daily ! Hard thing to totally stop ! I am about anti ebay at the moment as they come but reporting a seller just is not going to do much. In the category that I was listing under there are a few bad sellers that are selling fake prehistoric indian artifacts and most of them have a COA on them all by the same authenticator that is now banned from every major artifact show in the nation ! Sadly buyers are buying that junk and until one of them make a formal complaint with the right authorities it will not stop. What is happening in that respect is internet sales fraud ! Theft by deception and probably a cpl of other things ! I know from messages from many artifact collectors that these sellers have been reported 100s of times but are still actively selling. Ebay is making a profit ! But like one or 2 posters above had stated it is up to the buyer to make the complaints. I just do not think ebay will even think of looking into another seller making a report on another seller. ! Maybe they should but maybe this guy bought a warehouse of stuff and can afford to move it cheap !

Message 34 of 53
latest reply

kinda fun for this one instead being on the tired MP topic lol

Message 35 of 53
latest reply

Firstly , sorry for the late in replying, we actually have multiple business accounts and just realized you left the comment.

eBay take fraud reports seriously, as said we have done this a lot and still doing and it works!!

Some categories specially electronics are suitable for scams, that is why eBay created the report form, and IT IS A GENERAL FORM !! Here is the link of the form in case you need it :

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicId=4850

eBay can never make a profit when there are fraudulent activities like this one, because in this case there will be a lot of chargebacks!!

Why do you think a seller can sells a $800 brand new Samsung 70" LED TV for only $8 ?!! even the cost of shipping is more than $60. Here are two users who bought form the guy, see what they say about their order!!

There is difference between selling existing stuff "Whether the quality is good or bad" and selling things that do not exist.

The following is also what we got from eBay after we reported the user:

Thanks for sending this information over, in this case I see that we’ve taken the appropriate action on the account due to the reports sent over. We appreciate your concern, let us know if we can help with anything else or if we can provide any other helpful information. ~Monica

Thank you for contacting eBay today, please take a few moments to rate your experience. How would you rate your recent service experience.

Message 36 of 53
latest reply

Firstly , sorry for the late in replying, we actually have multiple business accounts and just realized you left the comment.

eBay take fraud reports seriously, as said we have done this a lot and still doing and it works!!

Some categories specially electronics are suitable for scams, that is why eBay created the report form, and IT IS A GENERAL FORM !! Here is the link of the form in case you need it :

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicId=4850

eBay can never make a profit when there are fraudulent activities like this one, because in this case there will be a lot of chargebacks!!

Why do you think a seller can sell a $800 brand new Samsung 70" LED TV for only $8 ?!! even the cost of shipping is more than $60. Here are two users who bought form the guy, see what they say about their order!!

There is difference between selling existing stuff "Whether the quality is good or bad" and selling things that do not exist.

Finally there is an outcome, the following is what we got from eBay after we reported the user:

Thanks for sending this information over, in this case I see that we’ve taken the appropriate action on the account due to the reports sent over. We appreciate your concern, let us know if we can help with anything else or if we can provide any other helpful information. ~Monica

Thank you for contacting eBay today, please take a few moments to rate your experience. How would you rate your recent service experience.

Message 37 of 53
latest reply

No, you did not say outright that you report your competitors.  But, this particular seller is obviously a competitor and you did report him.  You also mention that you've reported other sellers and have always managed to get their items removed.  I am NOT supporting a fraud.  I am saying you are systematically shooting down the competition.  

Message 38 of 53
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

No, you did not say outright that you report your competitors.  But, this particular seller is obviously a competitor and you did report him.  You also mention that you've reported other sellers and have always managed to get their items removed.  I am NOT supporting a fraud.  I am saying you are systematically shooting down the competition.  

@soh.maryl  - just to play devil's advocate here, in the triangulation fraud situation my company is dealing with, those fraud listings are competitors.  They may be hijacked accounts, but the way they are being used makes them competitors nonetheless.

They sell the same products we sell on eBay and our direct websites. They are able to severely undercut any legitimate sellers, since they are getting the product for "free" using stolen credit cards. 

So it's a double whammy - they kill off our sales on eBay by competing against us with prices no legitimate seller could come close to, then they turn around and steal the product from us by placing the "drop ship" order on our direct site with a stolen credit card.

You can be sure I report every single one of those fraudulent competitors I find and I don't feel bad about it for one second.  I've reported over 60 such accounts to eBay and most of them have been shut down - I suppose you could say I'm systematically shooting down the (fraudulent) competition too.

I don't know the OP and can't attest to whether or not they are acting in good faith here, just pointing out that if there really is fraud being committed, reporting it to eBay and trying to get it shut down is appropriate, even if you stand to gain because the fraudsters also happen to be competitors.

Message 39 of 53
latest reply

Because it's not our business to report other sellers for doing what you or I feel is wrong, if every seller did that we'd have a world of wrongful allegations and sanctions flying left and right for any and no reason too.

We don't do this.

You have to let these things work themselves out, even if it affects your sales, what other sellers do here is none of our business.

I also find it very interesting that ebay is sanctioning other ID's based on your word alone, especially as a competing seller, I didn't get that kind of attention when I reported a seller as a buyer and I was not in competition, they NEVER did anything for me based on a report.

EVER.

I gave up on reporting other sellers years and years ago.

But again it's really none of our business what they do.

Let them do what they do, that is why ebay has policies in place.

Message 40 of 53
latest reply

@shdava0 I seriously doubt eBay is just taking one seller's word for it.

Again, I'll point to my triangle fraud experience. Some accounts eBay shut down almost immediately, some they took weeks or months to investigate first and some are still active 8 months after I reported them.

The process starts with a report, it doesn't end there. All the OP, or anyone else in this situation, is doing is bringing something to Ebay's attention. It's up to eBay to investigate and take action from there if they believe it is warranted.

"That is why eBay has policies in place" - exactly! EBay has policies in place and they also have mechanisms in place to report violations of those policies.

As long as the person reporting is doing so in good faith, they are doing nothing wrong.

Message 41 of 53
latest reply

Your triangle fraud experience is unrelated to this thread.

Also I wasn't talking to you.

Message 42 of 53
latest reply

@shdava0 

When you post in a thread on a public message board, you are talking to everyone. You don't get to pick and choose who responds, and not everyone is going to agree with you.

Message 43 of 53
latest reply

It seems some of you just want to leave a comment without reading the threat, you are totally wrong, it is our business to support and take care of our community.

eBay is not sanctioning other ID's based on my or your word alone, eBay costumer service representatives have a brain like you "which seems you don't want to use it" , when a new user as seller lists a $800 LED TV at a price of $8, It must be a scam, again and again and again, that is why eBay created to report form.

Message 44 of 53
latest reply

Those too good to be true scams are all over ebay.  They do take them down but it can take some time.

Message 45 of 53
latest reply