cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding new Seller protection update effective Nov 1, 2022

Ebay sent a email today stating

"Effective November 1, 2022, we will update how we define evidence of successful delivery for Authenticity Guarantee transactions in our eBay Money Back Guarantee program and Payment dispute seller protections.

You’re required to use a tracked shipping service showing the delivery status to the authenticator’s address in order to qualify for “Item not received” protection. Previously, we looked for evidence showing at least the city or zip code of the address, however now we will look for evidence of shipment to the full address."

As UPS, Fedex and USPS will only display city and zip code on their online tracking. How do we show the shipment is been delivered to the full address? As this will affect all Payment Dispute Seller Protections cases. 

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

There's been an ongoing scam where bad sellers would use a different tracking number which showed delivery to the city or zip code only. Those cases would close on behalf of the seller, leaving the buyer without the item and money. It seems now eBay is saying they will only accept evidence of the full address, leaving the scam sellers in the dust. You as the seller only need to upload your tracking as before. This will only negatively affect the scam sellers.... 

Message 2 of 75
latest reply

@lamber9347 wrote:
You as the seller only need to upload your tracking as before. This will only negatively affect the scam sellers.... 

I'm not sure how eBay expects to get street-specific proof of delivery (from USPS, at least), regardless of whether it's the seller or buyer who's being challenged for proof beyond simply the City and ZIP shown in tracking.

Message 3 of 75
latest reply

I don't either but it seems that's what they are expecting to do. I guess we'll know more once they make an official statement....

Message 4 of 75
latest reply

I don't see how this will only affect the Scam sellers?
Let's say an alien buyer using US address to forward items overseas, how do we legitimate sellers to prove item delivered to the authenticator’s address if USPS tracking still only shows city, zip?
This is the trick used by many alien Scam buyers to false claim item not received in order to cut their cost and get item for free while USPS tracking not only shows city, zip, it shows "delivered to agent for final delivery".

And by the way, if we are talking about Scams, there are much much more SCAM buyers than Scam sellers.
Buyers are the majority, not minor. Especially under our lenient culture and totally biased system.

Message 5 of 75
latest reply

I bet it's related to the new "better" sneaker experience they recently announced:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Updates-to-the-sneakers-experience-on-eBay/ba-p/33246334

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Introducing-a-better-sneakers-experience-on-eBay-effective-10-...

Basically eBay is mandating a flat rate $14.95 shipping service for sneakers - but it looks like that money will be paid to eBay and eBay will provide a shipping label to the seller.

We’re removing the complexity tied to shipping for both sellers and buyers. Beginning in October, eBay will provide you with a label at no cost to you upon sale to ship your Authenticity Guarantee-eligible sneakers to our authentication center. The change will apply to new and revised listings and eBay shipping will be the default domestic shipping service. When you use eBay’s shipping label, we’ll also provide you with loss and damage protections if anything goes wrong during the first leg of shipping to the authenticator. 

In addition, our new handling time requires that you send Authenticity Guarantee-eligible sneakers to the authenticator in 3 business days or less, and buyers will receive their items within 3 days from the authenticator following authentication. We're also taking the guesswork out of shipping costs to enhance transparency, build trust, and drive velocity. Buyers will pay a flat shipping fee of $14.95 in the US. We'll share more details about these shipping updates soon.

My guess is the update to the seller protections is meant to make sure you use their label instead of your own, since that's the only way I can think of that they would be able to actually verify the full address it was shipped to.

Message 6 of 75
latest reply

Funny, if they can do this for the Authenticity categories, why can't they do it for all categories?

Just a thought......

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 75
latest reply

I haven't seen this yet, but it would be great news, since it's such a common scam. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel
eBay Community Mentor
Message 8 of 75
latest reply

Do you REALLY want ebay telling you how much your shipping should be?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 75
latest reply

Do you REALLY want eBay telling you how much your shipping should be?
For this particular situation, shoes that would have to go by Priority Mail based on their weight, the $14.95 is fair and accurate. A bargain for those in zones further away.

Message 10 of 75
latest reply

Looks like eBay will be using FedEx for those labels.

2022-09-27_14-13-11.jpg

Message 11 of 75
latest reply

Everytime eBay "announces" new seller protections they don't amount to anything.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 12 of 75
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Seller-protection-update-for-Authenticity-Guarantee-tran...

"We also encourage you to save documentation from the carrier that shows the full address your orders were shipped to in the event of any disputes."

devon@ebay what specific documentation would eBay be looking for that shows the full address to qualify for this seller protection?

If the seller purchases the label through eBay, would that automatically provide enough documentation since eBay can see the address on the order?

For labels purchased outside of eBay what documents will be accepted?

Message 13 of 75
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Seller-protection-update-for-Authenticity-Guarantee-tran...

"We also encourage you to save documentation from the carrier that shows the full address your orders were shipped to in the event of any disputes."

devon@ebay what specific documentation would eBay be looking for that shows the full address to qualify for this seller protection?

If the seller purchases the label through eBay, would that automatically provide enough documentation since eBay can see the address on the order?

For labels purchased outside of eBay what documents will be accepted?

Hey @valueaddedresource! I will reach out to the correct team on this and once I get an update myself or elizabeth@ebay will share that information!

Devon,
eBay
Message 14 of 75
latest reply

Will look forward for the updates. Thanks

Message 15 of 75
latest reply