cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Payment but no eBay Notification

We recieved a standard payment from what looks to be a legit buyer (proper address, name, and full payment for item.) through PayPal yesterday, but eBay has yet to notify our account and close the listing.

Today we called eBay, but beacaue it's Sunday no one is answering the phone. Should we purchase a lable through PayPal and close the listing since it says the item is still for sale? I'll wait until tomorrow before doing anything, just wondering what you guys think.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Did you go to your paypal account and verify the money is there?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

How did you get the notification? Was it just an email? As the other poster asked, did you actually log in through paypal.com and see the payment in your account? I have had it where I did not receive the notification from eBay right away but it's always shown as sold once I log in to that account. So if that wasn't showing on eBay I would be very suspect. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

As said,be sure to check IN paypal......  An email can be  plishing.......  also have you listed anywhere else.  I used to get flummoxed by Bonanza payments as they were so rare.........

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Yes, the money is there. Looking at the transaction in PayPal It shows the standard details including the Purchase details which indicate the item name (we also payed the standard PayPal transaction fee.)
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I was conned once with a very realistic notice from PayPal and I got burned. If the money is not in PayPal, don't ship. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

How could you tell it was a fake transaction?
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Which of your items is the payment for?  I've had an item take a few minutes to appear sold after getting the payment but definitely not a day.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

We got and email and a PayPal notification. The email looks different but still seems legit. Here is a summary of what we see in the email.

(buyers name) via. PayPal <service@paypal.com>

Start with showing a receipt ID. Then PayPal shopping cart contents, Item number, payment details, Buyers name and user ID, and shipping information.

We received an email exactly like this one above from another sale about an hour later which did register with through eBay.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@freshgear4less wrote:
How could you tell it was a fake transaction?

Well there was no money in paypal. They put on quite a story, let me tell you. 

If you have the money it could just be a glitchy sort of thing. I'd call eBay on  Monday, however, and talk to them. Might be something they really need to know.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Is it possible the buyer knew your paypal email?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

We're going to give eBay and PayPal a call tomorrow. Honestly don't know if the buyer knew our email, but there's no way to tell really, is there?
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@freshgear4less

I don't know if my situation is the same as yours, but in my case I think they are catching hacked accounts before eBay records the transaction. This happened to me twice in the last week.

- Received notification from PayPal of payment received, no notification came from eBay

- Check listing, no record of a sale or change in quantity

- Lot in to PayPal, see the payment transaction. Next line item, see payment reversal ($0.30 transaction fee is not witheld, it's a complete reversal)

- Both buyer accounts have had little to no purchases in the last year according to FB page

Message 13 of 13
latest reply