cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready soon to start again

I used to sell on Half (Books, etc ) eBay discontinued Half com.

(So I had to get rid of all my books etc)

I did sell a few things in the past on eBay, it has been awhile.

I am needing some more income, I already do 3 things for income and it is not enough.

(I am hopeful for at least 200.00 more a month as my first goal here on eBay)

I have been thinking for a long time to get a storage building in the back yard for eBay stuff to sell, but , don't have the money for that. (maybe this will be my kick start)

So, I noticed that I have a empty upright file cabinet that would hold my 50 items because of the 50 free listings a month.

I plan on putting each item in a Priority Bubble envelope with a number on it showing which item it is, then when someone orders it , seal envelope and put a shipping label on it and mail it, then list another item - for the 50 free listings.

I plan on doing the Buy it Now with Immediate payment, because way back when I tried the Auction two did not want to pay after winning the Auctions , so that was stressful dealing with that. (When I buy something , I pay or I would not have bought it in the first place)

I am thinking Free Return within a short time and buyer pays shipping, and put on a note that says Item must be in the same condition as when buyer received it. (If I have any strange issues with the Buyer , I would block the buyer after whatever it is , is taken care of)

I am doing my research before I start (In a few weeks) because I don't want to be surprised.

The items I want to sell I will make sure they fit in a Priority Bubble wrap envelope. (That way they have the 50.00 free insurance that the USPS has)

I have a couple questions.

If when I list my 50 Free Listings, I have the listing continue every month - would the 50 Free Listings continue month to month for those 50 item automatically ?

Then when one sells, I could just add one more item to make the 49 back up to 50 ?

P.S

Anyone still around from Half Com , Hope ya'll are doing good

🙂

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ready soon to start again

"I am thinking Free Return within a short time and buyer pays shipping, and put on a note that says Item must be in the same condition as when buyer received it."

--------

Here's eBay's new policy on returns:

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

"Starting in May 2018, we will streamline our returns policy options. Buyers' expectations are continuously evolving and we strive to deliver a returns experience that is consistent and competitive with the changing marketplace. Our simplified return policy options will help drive a retail-standard returns experience for buyers and may boost your sales. We recommend that you begin changing your returns policies now.

The five return policy options will be:

• No returns accepted
  • 30-day buyer-paid returns
  • 30-day free returns
  • 60-day buyer-paid returns
  • 60-day free returns

Restocking fees will no longer be a return option."

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

And if you're hoping to make 200 dollars a month, and have 50 items a month,

I myself, wouldn't buy a storage building.

But of course, I'm only listing smaller items.

Thanks,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

And if you're hoping to make 200 dollars a month, and have 50 items a month,

I myself, wouldn't buy a storage building.

But of course, I'm only listing smaller items.

Thanks,

Lynn

That is my first Goal

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

"I am thinking Free Return within a short time and buyer pays shipping, and put on a note that says Item must be in the same condition as when buyer received it."

--------

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

"Starting in May 2018, we will streamline our returns policy options. Buyers' expectations are continuously evolving and we strive to deliver a returns experience that is consistent and competitive with the changing marketplace. Our simplified return policy options will help drive a retail-standard returns experience for buyers and may boost your sales. We recommend that you begin changing your returns policies now.

• No returns accepted
  • 30-day free returns
  • 60-day free returns

Lynn

Thank You

I am thinking the 30 day, Buyer Paid return choice.

And, if I can I would put that the Item must be in the same condition that it was received.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

"If when I list my 50 Free Listings, I have the listing continue every month - would the 50 Free Listings continue month to month for those 50 item automatically ?"

Have you read about the new Good Til Canceled policy where you are charged (or deducted from your credits) for each listing every month?

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Is-there-an-exact-date-GTC-will-be-forced-on-our-fixed-price/m...

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@billydurham wrote:

“...Then when one sells, I could just add one more item to make the 49 back up to 50 ?”

Hi, welcome back. The 50 free item listings are per month. When one sells, you would then need to wait til the following month to bring your total listings back up to 50.

Also be aware that sometimes eBay treats a returning seller as a new one, and then places limits and holds on the account. You might be limited to, say, 10 items a month or $500 in sales. New sellers might have PayPal holds where the sales funds won’t be released until the package is safely delivered, etc. I hope that won’t be the case, but you need to be aware it could happen.

Good luck to you on your return to eBay selling! Wish you all the best.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

"I plan on putting each item in a Priority Bubble envelope"

I just wanted to make sure you're aware that you can now ship items up to 16 ounces via First Class Package. So if your item weighs less than a pound, you could save money by shipping it First Class.

Best of luck to you!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

--------

• No returns accepted
  • 30-day free returns
  • 60-day free returns

Lynn

In fact 14 day returns are still allowed in certain categories like collectibles (of course a SNAD overrides that everytime anyway).

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Would it be better to only sell in the USA at least to start with ?

I have sold a few things outside the USA in the past, but the shipping is high priced.

(I am thinking that going back and forth with a buyer would start getting expensive very fast)

I am offering Free Shipping inside the USA

(Of course that is added to the product price)

Should my setting be standard shipping ? I read someone say here that they selected standard shipping

because if you select priority then eBay estimates that the buyer would get the item faster than it might 

actually get there with priority and then the buyer would be upset.

That selecting standard shipping would help with that.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply