cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity Box on Listings

I have received an email questioning my quantity of items for sale on ebay.  It seems the quantity square box

on my program always reverts back to one item instead of 2 or more for sale.  Although I list the quantity in the listing and most times in the title this can be very confusing for buyers.  Any one know how to adjust the number in the square to keep it from always going back to one.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Quantity Box on Listings

Why would your title be confusing to buyers?  And if you know this to be the case, why would you not fix it?  Would you mind giving us a listing number or a link to the listing would be easier, so we can see what the problems might be?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Quantity Box on Listings

I looked at some of your dish listings.   For instance, the first one I looked at the title stated set of 5 and you also have them listed as multi-quantity with five available.  The box (which automatically is set for 1 in a multi-quantity listing) merely allows the buyers to choose how many of your stated quantities they want.   So when you offer 5 available on the listing for a set of five, that tells the buyer you have 5 sets (25 total plates) they can buy.   

If you only have 1 set of five plates to sell, you should not set the listing up as a multi-quantity listing.  It should be set as (1) set which will give the buyer five plates. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Quantity Box on Listings

Check out this help page.........

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/multiquantity-listings-listing...

How to set preferences for multi-quantity listings

You'll always see exactly how many items are left on your listing, but it's up to you whether to let buyers see the exact number.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply