cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings DO NOT SHOW!!!

For the past couple days, my very consistent sales have fallen off a cliff.  Almost every sale has been return customers.  When I search for my own listings by keyword... NONE of my promoted listings (virtually all that I list) show in search results.  Not only am I not getting premium placement... these listings seem to NOT EXIST.  The only listings I can find in search results are NOT PROMOTED.

This is KILLING my sales and income... and I can NEVER find a way to get the "support staff" at Ebay address an issue.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What ad blocker and what browser are you using @the_backyard_bear?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Promoted listings is really just a money making scheme for ebay. I have tried several promotion throughout the years and found that their software is so bad at search that i sell far better without promoting. All they say is they will promote your listing.... but if it is shown to people searching for totally different products- they will not buy it anyway. I wish nobody would promote and then maybe ebay would just focus on makin the search engine actually show people what they want- sales for everyone would go up and buyer satisfaction would skyrocket- 

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

seriously people....with advanced algorithms, cookies, IP locations...we all see different results...

I did a quick search for 'mutt guppies'

look who is topping the list

guppies.jpg

time to give the exclamation points a rest.......

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

What ad blocker and what browser are you using @the_backyard_bear?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 35
latest reply

I would like confirmation about Monica Sells.  Do you work for Ebay?  

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

So you are telling me, the FREE adblocker software not only stops ads... it stops the paid promoted listings from showing up AT ALL in the basic search results???  Because THAT is what is happening on MY END.  

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

If that is the case... it is absolutely DETRIMENTAL to pay for promoted listings.  I want CONFIRMATION or DENIAL from an Ebay representative.  Is this what is happening?  A free adblocker software DEFEATS your advertisement so completely that it actually makes it negative???

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

@the_backyard_bear wrote:

So you are telling me, the FREE adblocker software not only stops ads... it stops the paid promoted listings from showing up AT ALL in the basic search results???  Because THAT is what is happening on MY END.  

yep, that's what is happening..........because the ad is "there" and they don't show the basic listing if the promoted listing is "shown".......even if you can't see it........

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

That IS THE ANSWER!!!  I removed the adblocker, and they showed up.  So ANYONE with the most basic... FREE adblocker software NEVER SEES A PROMOTED LISTING EXISTS... not even in basic results.  That would mean HALF THE WORLD doesn't see my listings.  What a complete SHAM

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@the_backyard_bear wrote:

For the past couple days, my very consistent sales have fallen off a cliff.  Almost every sale has been return customers.  When I search for my own listings by keyword... NONE of my promoted listings (virtually all that I list) show in search results.  Not only am I not getting premium placement... these listings seem to NOT EXIST.  The only listings I can find in search results are NOT PROMOTED.

This is KILLING my sales and income... and I can NEVER find a way to get the "support staff" at Ebay address an issue.

Stop using the promoted thing then: Not hard to figure out...

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

The issue is a little more complex than ad blockers hiding promoted listings or not hiding them. There's a lengthy discussion about it here and I suggest reading it in its entirety to get a good grasp on what's happening. An eBay rep has been involved in the discussion and passing the comments and various search results on to the ads team.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

I removed ALL promoted listings... now, all my listings show up.   If it is happening on MY END... on my computer... using a free adblocker... it is happening on a GLOBAL SCALE... and the fact that Ebay gives me a shrug about it instead of addressing it is why I'm so ticked off.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Yep pay to play and find out it even adds a layer to blocking your listings...

Crazy stuff..

a link to a topic about some of this was posted above with a small word

Bigger link to the subject:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/There-is-something-massively-wrong-with-se... 

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

" An eBay rep has been involved in the discussion and passing the comments and various search results on to the ads team."

So, what this tells me is that they are fully aware of an issue, yet treated me like an idiot for questioning an existing problem???  Yeah... that makes it so much better.  

I find it completely irredeemable that no one at Ebay Support mentioned that Adblocker software could be the issue, when it is now CRYSTAL CLEAR that they are FULLY AWARE.  So that frustrating 15 minutes on the phone chasing a phantom problem, denying it... instead of acknowledging the KNOWN WEAKNESS.  WOW!!!

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

"...I would like confirmation about Monica Sells.  Do you work for Ebay?  ..."

Why would you think that...I saw your post...I tested for you....your ad showed up...I posted my results.....

oh...your exclamation point key is still stuck

WOW!!!!

Message 15 of 35
latest reply