cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings DO NOT SHOW!!!

For the past couple days, my very consistent sales have fallen off a cliff.  Almost every sale has been return customers.  When I search for my own listings by keyword... NONE of my promoted listings (virtually all that I list) show in search results.  Not only am I not getting premium placement... these listings seem to NOT EXIST.  The only listings I can find in search results are NOT PROMOTED.

This is KILLING my sales and income... and I can NEVER find a way to get the "support staff" at Ebay address an issue.

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

@the_backyard_bear 

Many people use a posting ID or a buyers account to comment here, because in the past angry crazy people actually screwed with people accounts because they did not like an answer to their question, even though the answer was correct. Imagine losing your account over something you posted here, yeah, it happened. A lot. 

These same people that use a posting ID often volunteer an inordinate amount of time (sometimes weeks) helping other sellers and buyers to not only identify an issue but dig down to get to the root cause and often getting the answer that ultimately gets the issue corrected by eBay. 

eBay has limited resources available to respond on this member-to-member board. They cannot respond to every single post. But when one of these folks that helps a lot, tags an actual eBay employee with an issue they have researched, eBay usually takes notice due to the testing the person has done, their knowledge, and their reputation for helping others over the years. Things have been fixed/changed/adjusted because of the work done by these people.

Instead of making accusations or denigrating these people, perhaps you should give thanks there are still some willing to give up their time to help. 

When all these helpful people get tired of the accusations and the name calling, we will all lose. People like you will post an issue and no one will respond or try to help, no one figures out what is going on, and things won't get fixed. 

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

Seems to me Ebay could solve a lot of problems by simply having their support staff indicate when they are aware of a problem and that it is being addressed instead of pretending like it doesn't exist.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

I have been  having g this same issue since around d Feb or March 2022. Sales went  down 65% ! I have been trying everything fir month and just yesterday noticed the same problem. I promote everything and I can't find any if my listings that are promoted. All sales are from repeat customers. In the past most of my sales were promoted. Now almost  0% ! No luck with "customer

service" as usual. They have started a beta test of pay per click which I won't ever do, doesn't work for me. I goi g to bid on keywords a d have a bill due with no sales. Lol!!!!!

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

Same here, it's been 19 days without a single sale. No help from eBay staff. I'm told I'm doing everything right, so what is going on with eBay? I usually get five plus sales per week. It's like I dropped off the map in eBay! 

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply