cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Listing

Does Private Listing has any bad effects on your listings for sale? like listing health or listing's visibility?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Private Listing

Not that I am aware of.

I would not use a Private Listing if the item is not health related, adult related, or might cause embarrassment to the buyer.

I am always suspicious of sellers who use that option when selling electronics or tools or other items.  Why do they feel the need to hide the buyers' identities (even though they are masked to other members)?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hello @disneyshopper  , actually my question is does private listing affect you "listing's health'' i mean the health of your account your account's visibility not the health of humans. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

No. Eebay does not hide private listings. Most people searching DO hit the back button though. That is why you blame Ebay because you may not realize buyers hit the back button.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I don't believe so,  the categories I search the most have no "casual buyer" need to be made private, yet many listings are private. Ya' never know though, with how eBay records vital signs. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply