cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior thread regarding a problem with address when I attempted to print a lable

I got advice from a few that it was just a character space issue and after consulting with the buyer I rearranged the lines, but kept the same address and sent the gadget to the buyer.

I am checking the tracking now, and it shows “problem with address”. 

I have consulted with the buyer again, (just now) and am waiting on what he will say.  Will the post office just send it back to me?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Prior thread regarding a problem with address when I attempted to print a lable

Did you run the address through an address verification checker to make sure it was valid? Call the USPS or ask at your local PO what the problem is.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: Prior thread regarding a problem with address when I attempted to print a lable

30DAFDDD-ADC3-4468-9113-BDEA0BDE5BDE.png

I did not run through a verification process.  I did verify with the buyer.

I just now discovered an issue with delivery so I have not yet called the post office.  It will have to wait until Monday.

In the meantime, will the item be returned to sender in these cases?

I don’t understand why it is an issue.  The buyer verified this was his address, another seller who recently sold to this Individual (end of April) verified this was the address they sent it to, so I am truly at a loss.

As long as the gadget gets returned to me, I don’thave An issue.   I will, obviously, refund the buyer.    Still, based on the fact he verified the address, I just don’t understand what the problem is.

After a package is returned to the local PO for being undeliverable they are supposed to double check that the address really doesn't exist the next business day/morning or confirm there is an issue. I don't know if the new "streamlined" tracking experience uses the same term for any address issue.

You should get the package back assuming there is no damage to the label that obscures the return address, though returning an item to a sender isn't given as high priority as getting packages entering the mail stream to recipients.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Could this be going to a bulk parcel forwarding service? And that is why the buyer is unsure of the correct format, etc.
You can use USPS "look up a zip code" and enter the street address as it was printed on the label to see if it is a valid address.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@currencyoftime

Try using google to look up the address that you showed in your previous post. 

It shows that the address is office space currently being advertised as available to lease at the Miami Airport. The first line has a business name (which is a travel agency with a USA phone number in New Jersey, and with offices in a couple of South American countries as well) followed by c/o [a person's name].

There are several businesses listed in google at that address, but not the name in your buyer's address. I suspect that the package was not delivered because whoever received it (or possibly the mail carrier) did not recognize the person's or company's name on the package. It looks like your buyer was trying to use an address where he would be able to pick up the package while he is visiting in Miami, but he may have got the address wrong. Perhaps he had used it before, but the person it was shipped to no longer has an office there?

The package will probably be returned to you, if the USPS can't find a way to deliver it. Or, they  may forward the package if there is a forwarding request or address available. Watch the tracking number for more updates in the next few days. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The tracking now shows ‘return to sender”

The buyer has not yet responded to my query last night 

I did reach out to another seller who had recently sold to this buyer and that seller confirmed deliver to the same address end of April.

I did do some sleuthing and discovered the address was rented out spaces before I mailed it (was tempted to just cancel it citing problem with buyers address) but after exchanging messages with the buyer, coupled with advice from others on this board as well as another seller stating they had no delivery problems, opted to send it out.    I suppose it is a mystery unless the buyer responds and explains (although he stated he had never had anyone question the address before and gave no indication of a forwarding or rented space (though, as I previously stated, I had already Googled it and saw it was such and figured it had something to do with the address issue)

I just hope it comes back.  I used packing tape, on a bubble priority mail envelope, and completely taped over the entire label in several different pieces, side to side.  So, unless the package is torn, I am confident the label won’t come off.

It could easily be a business that is not open on Saturday and doesn't have a mail box/slot to accept deliveries when they are not open.

I wouldn't worry about it until you see if the tracking changes on Monday.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

With an address at Miami International, it is most likely a freight forwarder.

They may have moved or gone out of business.

If the buyer was just using an address that they had used previously, without verifying that it was still valid, that may be the problem.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 10 of 10
latest reply