cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Please helpšŸ™

Just got a email from eBay saying my account has been permanently suspended yet I click my items and they are there or so they seem.

What could be going on?

I have been behaving like Iā€™ve always behaved on eBay since 1998.

Got some private email from eBay England this morning and it looked suspicious so I deleted it and didnā€™t click on anything in it as I donā€™t ship Internationally.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Please helpšŸ™

Your store is alive and well. Sounds like a scam attempt to me.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

I can see your items. Nice!

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

@jewelbiz wrote:

Just got a email from eBay saying my account has been permanently suspended yet I click my items and they are there or so they seem.

What could be going on?

A scammer wants you to click some link within that email, which will lead you to a fake login page. Hopefully you did not follow any links in that email.

If eBay really wants to contact you they will use their own messaging system to do so.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

I get 100 scam phony emails a day...NetFlex...Wells Fargo...eBay...Pay Pal....you name it.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

You have some expensive jewelry.  I don't know what the scam is but I'm sure there is one.  

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

Your account seems to be just fine.  It was probably a phishing attempt.  Good thing you didn't click that link.  You are probably good so don't worry.

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

@jewelbiz 

You should have sent that email to the trust & safety dept at the real ebay. Scams are in full force right now, that grandparent scam is happening bigtime.

PS, I won't ask what's going on in your NYC, we know.

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

@jewelbiz wrote:

What could be going on?

@jewelbiz 

1. Did you check your eBay messages folder to see if the message is there?

2. If the message is in your email exclusively, what is the email address from which the message was sent?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

Thank you all for responding.

This kind of thing upsets me too much and I should know better to get so worried.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

What "grandparent scam" on eBay?   

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

@soh.maryl wrote:

What "grandparent scam" on eBay?   

She said scams are in full force, generally speaking. She did not say the "grandparent scam" was happening on eBay specifically.

I assume Silver was talking about this: https://www.fcc.gov/grandparent-scams-get-more-sophisticated

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

Forward it to spoof@ebay.com.  Don't click on any links.

evry1nositswindy  ā€¢  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

Forward it to spoof@ebay.com.  Don't click on any links.

Yes that's it, couldn't remember the name, it's sooo hot here!!!

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Please helpšŸ™

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@jewelbiz 

You should have sent that email to the trust & safety dept at the real ebay. Scams are in full force right now, that grandparent scam is happening bigtime.

PS, I won't ask what's going on in your NYC, we know.

Okay, I'll bite. What is going on in our NYC that you know about?

Message 15 of 25
latest reply