cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People are nuts if they use ebay managed payments.

Does everyone realize they are going to charge 25 cents per item in any given transaction. For example if a buyer buys 10 different packs of seeds from me and checkouts with one payment in one transaction paypal charges me 2.9% plus 30 cents period!. If you use ebay managed payment for that same transaction ebay charges you 2.7% and 25 cents for each item so in other words 25 cents times 10 items whereas paypal only charges 30 cents one time no matter how many items are in a single transaction. That is outrageous. On a $1 item they are taking 1/4 of my items price just on the fee so with paypal that would cost me 59 cents for the fees just for the payment, Ebay would charge me $2.79 just for the fees on the payment of 10.00 in sales that had 10 items in it. That does not even include the 9.15% fee they will charge for the regular fees which would be 91 cents more. Are they nuts? That is facts people. You better read very carefully before you switch to it and when ebay makes it mandatory i will be leaving ebay for good. Ebay you have become nothing more than greedy thieves. Again those are the facts people. If you sell cheap small items it will destroy your business or you will have to raise your prices even higher and why would people want to pay even higher on ebay when they can get the same item from the same seller who are on better marketplaces with cheaper prices. Ebay this is the last nail in your coffin. Whoever is leading you with these new policies they are going to put you right out of business as other marketplaces are already putting a hurting on you. Ebay you better wise up. No way you will ever get 25 cents per item on a single transaction from me with multiple items in it that should be only one fee as it is one transaction. You want us to give good combined shipping prices to buyers and then  your going to try and pull this nonsense. Not with my business you will not.

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: People are nuts if they use ebay managed payments.

If they deposited paypal payments to the paypal account immediately as it is currently, Deducted shipping costs from the transaction immediately and deducted the fees immediately as it is currently? Then managed payments would make total sense. Until then? forget it. I'm hoping by the time they make it mandatory they have gotten the details together. 

Message 91 of 94
latest reply

WE MADE THIS SITE/WE CAN DO IT AGAIN.

Message 92 of 94
latest reply

@cad777864 wrote:

WE MADE THIS SITE/WE CAN DO IT AGAIN.

Unfortunately, it's not 1996. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 93 of 94
latest reply

I'm in a similar boat...some of my guys buy 20-30 auctions in one transaction.  eBay is purposely fleecing us.

Message 94 of 94
latest reply