cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal User Agreement Update

Did anybody else get an email about this change? 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

Message 1 of 103
latest reply
102 REPLIES 102

Re: PayPal User Agreement Update

Ebay is treating this site like it's some type of 401k

or the stock market!

I'm a bookkeeper so I look at things from a different perspective

I suppose, but jmo selling here is now becoming dangerous.

Message 91 of 103
latest reply

Anyone wants me, I'm running over to webstore.com

Totally different site and, I believe, the wave of the future!

Message 92 of 103
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

@abfabvintage wrote:

The reason I asked if we could still sell with a Personal Account is because all of the Seller Preferences and Selling Tools the PayPal CS keeps telling me to access are nowhere to be found in the Personal Account. It seems that perhaps the PayPal CS people on their Facebook are also confused over what is going on. They finally asked me for a screenshot of my account.

Yes, you can sell with a Personal account. But, you don't get any of the advantages of having a Business Account. If you want to be able to use the Seller Preferences and Selling Tools, you will have to upgrade to a Business Account.

You used to be able to use them if you had a Premier Account, but now you can't.

I also wish they would provide a better answer, but I don't think it will change anything if they do. If you had a Premier Account, it is now functionally the same as a Personal Account.

Perhaps all the people who used to know what Premier Accounts were are no longer with PayPal, so Premier Accounts are just in limbo. They exist, but nobody knows they are there. So there is no support for them any more. They are being administered as though they are Personal Accounts.

Message 93 of 103
latest reply

Were there 3 types of accounts?
Premier, business and personal.
Or is premier and business interchangeable?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 94 of 103
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
Were there 3 types of accounts?
Premier, business and personal.
Or is premier and business interchangeable?

When I signed up in 2001 there was just personal and premier. In the beginning personal could not accept credit cards and it created a big ole mess on the listings if the seller wasn't clear about it. I once bought a big bunch of magazines, thinking I could pay with my CC only to find out I could not because the seller had a Personal account. I had to run out in the middle of January in the middle of a snow storm to go to the bank and withdraw some money and then go to the PO to buy her a USPS Postal Money order (I was not a happy buyer LOL).

Then I think at some point they did introduce the Business account but since I'm not a business I didn't pay much attention to it. I'm not even sure what they ask you to supply in the Business Account. I don't have a business name, I don't have a DBA, I don't have a business bank account .... are those something they might ask for?

Then they just, in the middle of the night creeping around like tiny little mice, decided no more Premier accounts. I did ask and was told we were grandfathered in but no emails were ever sent out to verify that.

The CS people on Facebook are just as confused. I get a different answer from each one that answers my messages.

Message 95 of 103
latest reply

I opened a personal account in 2001 also. A very nice seller told me I need to open one and walked me through it. I’m guessing I used a checking account through them. No walking through snow. Started the I’m guessing business account in 2011 when I started selling because someone on the boards said I needed to, to block currency or something. They then sent a business debit card that I didn’t ask for. Now the email was for personal account, but I still have the business debit card. Wondering if I could still use it? Don’t need to.
Hopefully more info will trickle in.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 96 of 103
latest reply

I'm not very happy about my Premier account being d/g to a Personal account with no notice that's for sure.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 97 of 103
latest reply

I'll find out shortly. I'm about to list a high dollar watch that I know will sell. I'll let y'all know in a week.

Message 98 of 103
latest reply

@miketuch11 wrote:

I got the email today, also.

I have an ordinary account with an ordinary credit card.
Suppose I do nothing.
Suppose I get paid $100 for selling something.
What happens to the $100?

In all those 33 pages, I can't tell.

I think the link below explains it better.  

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

Message 99 of 103
latest reply

See the PayPal Help Center link below for more information.

What can I do with my personal PayPal account, PayPal Cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account?

Message 100 of 103
latest reply

It is a nothingburger? Are you nuts? It says that you will no longer get your 2.9% fee back if you refund a buyer. So if you have an item sold for $100 and the customer wants a refund you refund the buyer the 100 bucks and paypal would give you your 2.9% fees back as well BUT NOW paypal says they are going to keep the 2.9% and you do not get it back. That is a fact because i just spoke to them on the phone so that is major and a total theft of money that does not belong to them when a customer has to be refunded for what ever reason.

Message 101 of 103
latest reply

I sell high priced 24k gold jewelry. So I sell a $5,000 necklace and someone returns it. So now Paypal will keep the 2.9% or almost $150. That's theft. I called Ebay and Paypal and they concur about this change that will take place on 5/7/2019. I will now discontinue selling on Ebay. What a JOKE!!! I sure hope that Paypal gets tons of complaints about this.

Message 102 of 103
latest reply

@ramblinmustang wrote:

I will now discontinue selling on Ebay. 

Everybody SAYS they will when some new policy is rolled out. Few actually do when there is no viable alternative. 

Message 103 of 103
latest reply