cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal User Agreement Update

Did anybody else get an email about this change? 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

Message 1 of 103
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: PayPal User Agreement Update

@miketuch11 wrote:

I got the email today, also.

I have an ordinary account with an ordinary credit card.
Suppose I do nothing.
Suppose I get paid $100 for selling something.
What happens to the $100?

In all those 33 pages, I can't tell.

I think the link below explains it better.  

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

View Best Answer in original post

Message 99 of 103
latest reply
102 REPLIES 102

I have not received it.  At least not yet.  Sometimes large amounts of emails our sent out in waves, not all at once.  I will keep a watchful eye for it.  Thank you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 103
latest reply

@wpt05 wrote:

Did anybody else get an email about this change? 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

Yes I received it......

Yes I read it.......

Want my summary? 

It's a nothingburger and sometime later this year I'll be dumping PayPal so I really don't care.

Do you have some comments or did you just want to know if you were the only one out of 275 million PayPal users that was special enough to get a notice?

Message 3 of 103
latest reply

Interesting.

A lot of people aren't going to like this...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 103
latest reply

Thanks for posting this link.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 5 of 103
latest reply

"AMENDMENTS TO THE PAYPAL USER AGREEMENT AND THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS DELIVERY POLICY

We are updating the PayPal Account User Agreement and the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy. These changes will go into effect on March 29, 2019 and apply to U.S. PayPal customers. If you agree to these changes, you don’t have to do anything. If you don’t agree with these changes, you may close your account. If you close your account before March 29, 2019, the changes will not apply to you.

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement for Personal PayPal Accounts

As a result of a new regulation issued by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in Washington, D.C. coming into effect on April 1, 2019, we are making some changes that will affect consumers who want to hold and use balance with PayPal.

If you want to hold and use balance, you will need a balance account which will be linked to your current PayPal account. PayPal will offer two balance accounts: PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus. Information about both types of balance accounts can be found in the PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus Terms and Conditions.

If you are an existing personal PayPal account holder and we have already verified your identity, we will establish and automatically link a PayPal Cash Plus account to your current PayPal account. Information about your PayPal Cash Plus account, including your balance amount, will be easily available using your existing PayPal login.

For all other consumer PayPal account holders, if you want to hold and use balance, in addition to verifying your identity with PayPal, you will need set up a balance account which will be linked to your current PayPal account. 
There are no changes to any PayPal fees.

We are also making two other changes: (1) we are changing the time period for providing you with advance notice about important changes to the PayPal Account User Agreement to at least 21 days; and (2) we are clarifying how and when we convert currency.

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement for Business Accounts

We are changing the time period for providing you with notice about important changes to the PayPal Account User Agreements to at least 5 days.

We are clarifying how and when we convert currency.

Amendments to the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy

We are updating our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy to clarify that your consent to receive electronic disclosures under our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy applies to all PayPal branded accounts"

Message 6 of 103
latest reply

So, is that a copy of what I would find if I clicked on the link, or should I go ahead and click on that, too?
Message 7 of 103
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Interesting.

A lot of people aren't going to like this...

If I'm reading the section on "Cash Plus" correctly ... this will benefit sellers who don't want to (or can't) set up a separate checking account when Managed Payments rolls around for good.

The "Cash Plus" account type allows for Direct Deposit ...

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 103
latest reply

Just checked ... nope, I did not get an email yet. I still have a Premier account so maybe those fell through the cracks?

Message 9 of 103
latest reply

Looks good. The PP cash account will have pass through FDIC insurance.

Message 10 of 103
latest reply

Yes, looks like a good way to transfer funds when managed payments come if that is what the seller wants.

Message 11 of 103
latest reply

@wpt05 wrote:

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement for Business Accounts

We are changing the time period for providing you with notice about important changes to the PayPal Account User Agreements to at least 5 days.

That's not what my message says.

we are changing the time period for providing you with advance notice about important changes to the PayPal Account User Agreement to at least 21 days

Message 12 of 103
latest reply

It's 5 days notice for business accounts, 21 days for personal

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 13 of 103
latest reply

What's the differance between the two?

Message 14 of 103
latest reply

Would the Paypal Cash account replace the bank account required through the new Ebay payment system?

I prefer NOT to have money from Ebay automatically posted to my bank account in drips and dribbles - so if Paypal gives me the option of a "holding" account - I'm all for it.

Message 15 of 103
latest reply