cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Holds funds AFTER tracked delivery and Positive feedback

Completed a sale last week to a ebay buyer for a few hundred dollars , the item was shipped out with tracking received and good feedback was left by the seller as was left for the buyer by me.

How long can I expect to wait for the Payment to be released by Paypal as they are holding it as per eBay payment options.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: PayPal Holds funds AFTER tracked delivery and Positive feedback

@greensqid wrote:
How long is this hold you speak of ?
Here's what we found for "When money from a sale becomes available"

When you're new to selling, buyer payments aren't made available to you until we confirm that the sale has been successfully completed. Although the payment won't show up immediately in your PayPal account, you can always find the current payment status in your eBay account.

If you're a new seller, the payment will be available to you 3 days after tracking shows the package was delivered. If you haven’t added tracking details, your payments will be available:

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date
  • 21 days after your buyer pays

If a buyer reports a problem with a sale or an item, it may take longer to receive your payment.

As long as you've maintained an above standard rating, buyer payments will become available to you immediately when:

• It's been 90 days since your first successful sale
  • You've had 25 or more sales with US buyers
  • You've had more than $250 in total sales
Message 16 of 49
latest reply

@greensqid wrote:
Curious how much longer I can expect to wait ?

I think it was suggested that if tracking shows delivered you can call PayPal for release of funds.

Message 17 of 49
latest reply

To be honest All of the answers provided do not explain the delay  , after all positive feedback was left by the seller.  I think you all are just hoping to blame me - well its NOT MY FAULT

Message 18 of 49
latest reply

@greensqid wrote:

To be honest All of the answers provided do not explain the delay  , after all positive feedback was left by the seller.  I think you all are just hoping to blame me - well its NOT MY FAULT

Right- your OP was asking why there was a delay in releasing funds, not WHY funds were held in the first place. 

Frankly, PayPal is another one of those companies like eBay that feels people pay them to work against  them, I guess. I sure wouldn't pay someone for a money transfer service that holds my  money while making a commission that I am paying, but maybe that's just me.

They shouldn't still be holding your funds according to their own policy, but like the "separate company" eBay, they never let their own policies get in the way of profit.

Maybe it's a "test" or a pilot program. Maybe it's just incompetence.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to waste time calling them to wake someone up to press the button. Sorry this is happening to you.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 19 of 49
latest reply

@greensqid wrote:

Well, this thread took a left turn. No one is "blaming" anyone for anything. We've stated PayPal's policy, explained how/why it's been applied in this case, and told you how to get your money.

If you're feeling persecuted, stop responding and just call PayPal. 

Message 20 of 49
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

They shouldn't still be holding your funds according to their own policy

Really? So you have some back-channel communication with the OP that allowed you to find out WHEN the item was delivered? Care to share that info with the class?

Message 21 of 49
latest reply

I don't think anyone is blaming you for anything:)

Just log into your PP account, call PayPal and have the PP transactions details page open when doing so.
Ask to have funds released per tracking showing delivery to the PP transaction details address.

It is just the way of ebay and PP, higher fraud on this site than other places that is why it is done:(
Message 22 of 49
latest reply

Actually, this is happening randomly now. Ive sold plenty and have never had holds since I first starting selling until about a month ago. Ive been a trs seller 95% of my time here. I have a good standing record with paypal with almost no cases in thousands of transactions. No particualr reason for random holds. Plus its not every transaction. Just randomly does it every now and again to random transactions. No rhyme of reason to it. The manager at paypal told me as much. Its a new algoryhtim they put into place ive been told. Great.
Message 23 of 49
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

Really? So you have some back-channel communication with the OP that allowed you to find out WHEN the item was delivered? Care to share that info with the class?

Post #5:

@greensqid wrote:

It was delivered 6 days ago this is my first query , I thought it best to educate myself before getting to uptight

So IF the tracking number was uploaded into the eBay transaction, then PayPal should have released te funds automatically.  A call to Paypal customer support shuld get the funds released.

@greensqid

When the  Holds policy was first introduced, feedback WAS used as one of the criteria for funds release.  Unfortunately, some sellers pressured buyers to leave feedback prematurely. Some even refused to shp without it! So you have those sellers to thank for the curent policy that excludes feedback.

Message 24 of 49
latest reply

@garymi6 wrote:
Actually, this is happening randomly now. Ive sold plenty and have never had holds since I first starting selling until about a month ago. ...

It seems that the issue here is not why the funds wereheld, but why they have not yet been released since the package was delivered 6 days ago.

Message 25 of 49
latest reply

@garymi6 wrote:
No particualr reason for random holds. Plus its not every transaction. Just randomly does it every now and again to random transactions.

The Dell laptop?

The air compressor?

Message 26 of 49
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@gramophone-georg wrote:

No back channel at all... just the OP's already volunteered info in Post 5 as Eclipse pointed out to you. I think the "rest of the class" caught that, too. You must be the teacher, since "those that can, do...." and all.

Message 27 of 49
latest reply

Yes, I see that now, thank you.

Has the OP told us whether the actually see a transaction in PayPal? Maybe I missed that too.

Message 28 of 49
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

Yes, I see that now, thank you.

Has the OP told us whether the actually see a transaction in PayPal? Maybe I missed that too.

Maybe a stupid question, but how could funds be on hold that weren't there?

Message 29 of 49
latest reply

Fake PayPal email:  "Funds will be deposited in your account after proof of delivery ". It's how scammers get people to ship without seeing the money.

Message 30 of 49
latest reply