cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Holds funds AFTER tracked delivery and Positive feedback

Completed a sale last week to a ebay buyer for a few hundred dollars , the item was shipped out with tracking received and good feedback was left by the seller as was left for the buyer by me.

How long can I expect to wait for the Payment to be released by Paypal as they are holding it as per eBay payment options.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: PayPal Holds funds AFTER tracked delivery and Positive feedback

Everyone , Thanks for the input and humor its welcomed money can be stressful.

To clarify Paypal has the funds marked as on hold inside my paypal account , eBay was given the tracking information everything is as it should be accept the release date Paypals brags of is not happening in my case.

I have had Paypal account for 10 years and use it  every month so im far from a new user more like a average user.

I stareted a question period on the Paypal site to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks agin for the good input !

View Best Answer in original post

Message 41 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

@greensqid

You need to wait about 3 days after the item shows delivered to the buyer. If you still don't have the money released to you by then, call PayPal.

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

@greensqid  Firstly, paypal could care less about any feedback left on eBay and it is my understanding they wouldn't even consider that even if a chargeback is involved.  

I know paypal holds funds with new sellers for 3 days after the buyer receives the item.  But it looks like you have been around for many years so I am perplexed as to why the are holding funds.  Has anyone given you a logical answer to that?

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 3 of 49
latest reply

@greensqid wrote:

Completed a sale last week to a ebay buyer for a few hundred dollars , the item was shipped out with tracking received and good feedback was left by the seller as was left for the buyer by me.

How long can I expect to wait for the Payment to be released by Paypal as they are holding it as per eBay payment options.

The longer they hold it, the more interest they make from it. All those pennies that they make add up over time.

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

It was delivered 6 days ago this is my first query , I thought it best to educate myself before getting to uptight

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

I know paypal holds funds with new sellers for 3 days after the buyer receives the item.  But it looks like you have been around for many years so I am perplexed as to why the are holding funds.  Has anyone given you a logical answer to that?

The logical answer is very simple: the OP rarely sells (7 seller feedback in 11 years), and just sold an item costing several hundred dollars. I'd be shocked if PayPal hadn't held the funds.

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

2 feedbacks as a seller in past year. same as being a new seller even if on eBay for 20 years

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

All the items I have sold on eBay went from $100 to $300

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

I've read that a sale that is larger than that which the seller usually has can trigger a hold.

Or if the seller has not sold for some time, that can also trigger a hold.

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

@greensqid wrote:

All the items I have sold on eBay went from $100 to $300

You sell very infrequently. That, plus the size of the transaction, caused the hold. 

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

So it seems that it would be because you have not sold in awhile.

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

How long is this hold you speak of ?
Message 12 of 49
latest reply

Curious how much longer I can expect to wait ?
Message 13 of 49
latest reply

Just so we're on the same page, you CAN see the payment in your PayPal account, right? You just can't use or transfer the funds?

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

Aha! ...  Didn't catch that.  Didn't look at his solds or his fb.  Only noticed the year (2008) he registered on this board.  Get it.  He sells so infrequently he is treated like a new seller.  

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 15 of 49
latest reply