cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package hasn't been scanned

I just starting selling on Ebay and yup, i get trouble now!!!Help me please!!

I dropped off my package in at a PO yesterday, but it hasn't been scanned yet. I thought the scanning process will be same day on the label. My buyer sent me a message and complained like I was sitting on her package!!! Is that usually happened? I bought a label that guarantee delivering package in 1-3 days.  Is my package delivered on that period time without scanning?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

OP, missed scans happen all the time.  The good news is that scanning has no effect on the actual transit of the package. Likely a scan (and follow up scans) will show up when the package gets to the destination sort center tonight or tomorrow night for delivery the next morning.   

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@alex_bui_93 wrote:

I just starting selling on Ebay and yup, i get trouble now!!!Help me please!!

I dropped off my package in at a PO yesterday, but it hasn't been scanned yet. I thought the scanning process will be same day on the label. My buyer sent me a message and complained like I was sitting on her package!!! Is that usually happened? I bought a label that guarantee delivering package in 1-3 days.  Is my package delivered on that period time without scanning?

If you opt into GD (guaranteed delivery) you need to stand in line and have the items scanned at the counter until you know that your PO is reliable about scanning.  I'm lucky, my local PO is very, very, very good about scanning packages dropped in the pre-labelled chute, 1 missed scan out of over 1000 shipments.

Not all PO's are this attentive.  You are held responsible by eBay to get your package scanned and delivered on time and within the timeframes set forth.  If you choose same day or 1 day handling then you better make absolutely sure that the items get scanned.  eBay says that it's your responsiblility to do so.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

OP,  the only USPS service that guarantees a delivery date is Express Mail.  It sounds like to me that you may have puchased Priority Mail with EXPECTED DELIVERY within 1-3 days, but not guaranteed.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"I bought a label that guarantee delivering package in 1-3 days".

Are you saying that you think Guaranteed Deliver means the buyer will have the package in their hands in 1-3 days?

Does the buyer think that's what it means also?

If that's the case, you are both wrong.  eBay has done a disservice to all sellers and buyer by calling this silly scheme Guaranteed Delivery when it means guaranteed outgoing date from sellers. 

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I haven't gotten any update from USPS website. My package status is still "preshipment". 

Did you mean although the package status has been updated on USPS but it will arrive to my buyer? 

In that case, if my buyer is not honest and says " I haven't gotten it", what should I do then?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply