cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE FIX THE "PRINT PACKING SLIP" PAGE (New version is inappropriate)

In the category of breaking what was fixed, could eBay please change back the "PRINT PACKING SLIP" page, which worked well and now only provides canned message options. Many of the symbols and letters, shown in the title of the sold item on the packing slip, are misprints; print characters like "quotation marks" or simply the letter "A" on some titles appear and print out as unintelligible symbols. Also, sellers need a message option that allows us to tailor our THANK YOU and PLEASE COME BACK TO OUR STORE type messages in the packing slip with specific items or links to items on eBay. Ebay Management should be concerned that with the misprints, the packing slip does not look professional and sellers don't need bold letters which use up more ink. Thank you eBay! 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: PLEASE FIX THE "PRINT PACKING SLIP" PAGE (New version is inappropriate)

We have noticed that the new packing slip doesn't fit to the page either.  Cuts of the quantity purchased.  

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I't's so frustrating that they decided to fix something that was not broken, and not even notify sellers. I just wasted 30 minutes trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

OMG!.........What is this horrible looking packing slip?  I guess if we want to include a more personal message we are now forced to hand write it or print out extra info and glue it on?!?!? Now how professional will that look? Who came up with this FIX when there was no need to FIX it? It was just fine the way it was! CHANGE IT BACK!  

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Oh great - they do this just as we're all about to be forced into not using Paypal (which is where I print my packing slips now).
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

brian@ebay ping.  Just assume I attached my usual rant about eBay's inability to review code before release.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

It really does look like just a slip now, with nothing personal about it.  I'm tempted to print an additional one to include, though it'd be more work and wasted resources.  Sigh!

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

It has been clear for a very long time that Ebay has no idea what a "Software Development Program" is. No requirements input from experienced sellers, no testing with experienced sellers. No roadmap for users, no opt out provisions. And worse of all they bring out new programs before fixing the old programs.

If I were CEO I would put in place a tem who knows how to do real software development and have them sit down with real experienced Ebay users. Come up with a tracked punch list of issues, and then not allow any new features to be implemented until old bugs are fixed.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Quick fix- Go to shipping labels page after bulk printing. For each item use the drop down menu and select packing slip- your old slip will be there to print. This will alert coding  and will be removed lickity split, enjoy while its still here.

All of us need to use the feedback link on the shipping page on the bottom left. These message boards get ignored more often than not.

We found that our custom messages upped our feedback percentage left.  Now the generic messages sound like the junk that comes from AMZ.  Also for a company that prides itself on inclusivity, the canned message of thank you for shopping "my" store is very limiting and makes it seem like 1 person owns it all.  Many of "us" use "our" store to denote ownership. 

again, no feedback from actual ebay store owners before changing unbroken things. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@buyin4less wrote:

All of us need to use the feedback link on the shipping page on the bottom left. These message boards get ignored more often than not.

Very good suggestion!  

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

I agree!  The new packaging slip is horrible, inappropriate, and has the following errors:

- Buyer's address has no state listed

- variations are not listed, just the very first one and then is repeated for every purchase your buyer has purchased.

A work around that I'm using: To go back to the former style of the packaging slip that allows a personal message and has  all of your buyer's  info and all variations :

• (through seller hub) go to "orders"  ,
  • scroll down to "shipping labels" ,
  • find that particular label, select "more actions"   
  • select " print packing slip". 

As if the pandemic, postal delays , and recent scandal weren't enough!  Now, even more work for sellers.   eBay please, please, test your changes & code before releasing such items on us=(

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I've been printing the packing slip through the labels ever since the bulk packing slip stopped showing tax collected and gave my buyer the incorrect sale grand total.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I really hope they fix this before I'm forced into MP.

I do a lot of multiple & variation sales and I NEED that packing slip to show which variation/qty they ordered so I can go pull the items.

It's clear whoever designs these forms has never actually USED them.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Today's packing slips didn't even include buyer's or seller's names and addresses.  Totally useless. 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Well today they "fixed" the missing State in the buyers address, BUT messed up the format.  The State should be on the same line as the City and Zip.   The entire form lost it's professional look and feel.

123 Buyer Street
Houston
TX, 77025-4706
USA

Also, the font size for Packing Slip / This is not an invoice at the top right corner is very small.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply