cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE FIX THE "PRINT PACKING SLIP" PAGE (New version is inappropriate)

In the category of breaking what was fixed, could eBay please change back the "PRINT PACKING SLIP" page, which worked well and now only provides canned message options. Many of the symbols and letters, shown in the title of the sold item on the packing slip, are misprints; print characters like "quotation marks" or simply the letter "A" on some titles appear and print out as unintelligible symbols. Also, sellers need a message option that allows us to tailor our THANK YOU and PLEASE COME BACK TO OUR STORE type messages in the packing slip with specific items or links to items on eBay. Ebay Management should be concerned that with the misprints, the packing slip does not look professional and sellers don't need bold letters which use up more ink. Thank you eBay! 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

The City and State on different lines may be an indication that Ebay is outsourcing the coding. That fact that this was so clobbered pretty much proves there was no alpha or beta testing done with anyone who has actually used the software. I sure would like to hear from Ebay why they felt changing this Packing Slip function was required. 

Yet I am being forced into Managed payments from a company that can't even get a simple software function changed that did not even need changing in the first place.

Why Ebay? How about some simple basic ownership of this issue?

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Hi @woodworking_vet - thanks for pointing this out! I've let the team in charge of this know - looks like there's a line break in there when there shouldn't be. 

Also, total aside, but your items are brilliant! Ear fatigue is so real in our 'masks when out and about' world. I have a bunch of rowdy nieces and nephews that complain about masks hurting their ears (and so they don't want to wear them, etc). Looks like they're going to get some surprise gifts from me in the near future. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Could this team also fix the problem w/ variations?  The first variation  is correct and this variation just keeps repeating for the rest.  Since the shipping slip has also been changed under "manage shipping labels"  ( my work around) , I now have to go to "paid & shipped" under orders to see the correct variations my buyers chose. Today when printing out 28 packing slips this really added additional time to my workload ☹️

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I stopped using the packing slip a good six or so months ago when the price for items was removed. That was when the slip format changed for me.....i notice i get the changes quite early on, i also got the new and improved page looks before any of my fellow sellers that i chat with.

Instead if needed i go to the 'order details' page and print that out......click printer friendly option as you just want list format not the item pictures printed.  You don't get the message saying thank you for your order but it prints everything else like price and total price also shipping, tax and addresses etc

If its a single item like one cut of fabric or a couple of spools of thread i just stick on a 'thank you' sticker and be done with it. That's a personal preference as i save my expensive ink and toner drum wear and tear by using 'thank you' stickers on small orders.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Sassykzt i have experienced that too with multi listings and its annoying! If i remember correctly the pictures were as they should be when printing from the seller hub ( which i hate and avoid at all costs)

This week in addition to that annoyance is the glitch where they are not showing the gallery picture for my multi-listings in search or in my store. Instead they are showing one picture from the drop down choice menu as the main gallery picture instead! Needless to say i dont need packing slips on my multi- listings any more as they no longer sell.

Going to have to move my thread to Etsy, sad but true as im not listing over 300 colors individually.

The packing slip really is the least of my annoyances to be honest, this site is falling apart. Having immense difficulties signing up for managed payments as they reckon my credit unions routing number belongs to ....wait for it.... Some other bank !

That's todays annoyance!

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

I was thinking this exact same thing as we struggled once again today trying to get orders packed and out the door today.  This "Update" occurred out of nowhere yesterday in the middle of a very heavy order day.  No notification of the change.  Our problem is that we couldn't even print using the new packing list page.  It simply does not work.  Our work around that worked for single items was to use the previous packing list url and insert the item ID and trans ID into the url.  It works though for only one line item orders.  I paced the floor trying to decide what exactly my rant would be when "attempting" to call Ebay Customer Service.  This is exactly it.  CEO sets up random top sellers with huge discounts if they take the time to provide daily feedback directly concerning any issues they notice.  I be the Ebay CEO has no idea this has even occurred!

https://shiptrack.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PrintPackingSlip&itemid={INSERT ITEM ID HERE INCLUDING BRACKETS}&transid={INSERT TRANSACTION ID HERE INCLUDING BRACKETS}

Again this works for only 1 line item orders but takes you back to the good ole Packing list.  The old packing list screen by the way still remembered our default shipping message that was always there before.

NO PRETESTING OF SOFTWARE BEFORE RELEASE IS ABSURD ON A MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR PLATFORM!

Again, we could not even get a response from the new print page even after selecting one of the generic messages.  There was no response whatsoever to clicking on the blue "Print" button.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply