cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEA TO EBAY FOR SOME ASSISTANCE FOR SELLERS. FREE LISTINGS REDUCED FINAL VALUE FEES

I just sent this to eBay.  All sellers should send the same or similar message.  Time for eBay to help out the everyday seller. They can also offer discounts to buyers to generate more sales.  Let eBay know. Feel free to copy my message below. 

I see you have recently provided some assistance for eBay store owners. It would be nice if you provided assistance to sellers who don’t have a store such as unlimited free listings and some reduced final value and shipping fees. Sales are way down. We need your help during this time. I’m sure eBay is still making 10s of millions of dollars each week. How about giving back a little to the everyday seller that makes you all that money? Thanks.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: PLEA TO EBAY FOR SOME ASSISTANCE FOR SELLERS. FREE LISTINGS REDUCED FINAL VALUE FEES

I feel similar.  It's pretty crazy that we haven't had any site-wide promotion at all during this pandemic.  It almost feels disrespectful, but I suppose disrespect could be worse.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Re: PLEA TO EBAY FOR SOME ASSISTANCE FOR SELLERS. FREE LISTINGS REDUCED FINAL VALUE FEES

Have you considered paying for a monthly store subscription for the month of April? Then you can get all the listings you want access to.

I pay a lot of money for my store and have to pay that fee whether I sell anything or not. My sales are way down since this all started because I sell non-essentials. This listing promo will allow me to offer more items without having to pay listing fees on top of my store fee and hopefully boost sales- but either way I'm still giving eBay plenty of listing fees through my store subscription. It's not like store subscribers are getting something for nothing which is what you're asking for.

I also have a non-store account and I'm considering getting a monthly store on that account for April (it's not like the 50k on my store account isn't enough, but the other account is a different product category).

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Question. If you change a non store to a starter store right now do you get the 50k listings for March? Anyone know?
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Bar- that's what I was planning to do come April 1. The announcement said "stores" and did not specify that starters are excluded. It's just a guess though- worst case scenario I pay $8 and get another 50 listings for the month instead of 50k.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Free listings went to store owners because they typically list new items in multiple quantities. This allows buyers to get things they cannot get with stores being closed. 

Non store owners typically list 'used' items which would be of no help during this time to flood the site with used, sometimes 'broken, worthless' items. If .35c stops someone from listing a used item, then it probably is not worth listing. 

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

All the beggars coming out of the woodwork scares me more than the Wuhan Flu. GIMME GIMME GIMME!

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Gee, that might be something for ebay to do for their employees - write to the local grocery stores and say it is time for them to help out the ebay employees and give them free bread with the purchase of eggs, or to the gas stations and tell them they should give a free oil change with the purchase of a tank of gas.  And here people say that the days of the free lunch are well gone and ancient history.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Bar- that's what I was planning to do come April 1. The announcement said "stores" and did not specify that starters are excluded. It's just a guess though- worst case scenario I pay $8 and get another 50 listings for the month instead of 50k.

Starters aren't excluded. My friend has a starter and got the promo.

Just wondering if it will kick in if I change today 

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Have you considered paying for a monthly store subscription for the month of April? Then you can get all the listings you want access to.

There is no gaurantee that will happen....

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Successful online selling is all about the product; it's uniqueness, quality, price points, supply & demand, target market,etc.

I suspect with all those thousands upon thousands of listings from store owners, many categories are going to find an overload/saturation problem and many listings will end up at the bottom of the search pile and/or basically become invisible...

As a non-store seller, even if I had listings available, I doubt that I'd list anything at this current time...I'd be waiting a few weeks until some of those thousands upon thousands of listings get towards their ending dates and get thrown lower in search...

However, best wishes to all those who have listings up and/or planning to list now - hope the listing plays out well and sales result. Good luck to all!

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

I feel the same. I'm a part-time seller without a store. Even offering us non-stores a few extra listings would be beneficial.  

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Be positive and look on the bright side!...in 5 days you will have 50 free listings available as the April 50 free allotment will be waiting for you!

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

How about reducing fees?  Ebay and paypal get $1.59 on a $10 item thats a huge percentage almost 16%! Sure they are 2 different companies but the overall fee for one seller is huge! If eBay want a huge fee, they should allow the acceptance of other merchant services such as square pay or " cash app" as it's known. Bank of America offers Zelle which is a nice way to send and receive payments.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

I agree. For us, more listings mean more sales but it gets expensive when you run out of the free allotment.
We usually get free listing promos at least once a week and now none. We have good ratings and no case disputes.
Message 15 of 29
latest reply