cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outrageous fees!!! Never using eBay again!!

Its been a few years since i sold things on eBay. My experience used to be overall positive. I recently listed an item on eBay and it sold, BUT, when recieving the pay-out. EBay charged me 20% in fees! 

i know that you can read about this under the ”fees-section” but for me, selling before i didnt do that (jokes on me), and i got a shock when i recieved the payout. In Sweden (where im based) the only companies changing this type of fee are the big auctionhouses selling art etc. Other sites, selling things, such as eBay charge maximum 10 % and have this as a separate box to click and accept, displaying the calculates fee if selling before you post your listing. Im never ever using Ebay again. EBay got greedy and i wont ever recommend anyone to sell on their site. They are obviously (in my opinion) in the business of ripping people off, rather than enabeling people to buy/sell things second hand. 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Outrageous fees!!! Never using eBay again!!

I bet you are surprised that most of the posts to your "ain't it awful" thread are not finding things to be awful.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@timzbiz wrote:

Sometimes Ebay makes more profit on my sales than I do.

Understand your point, but to be fair, that final value fee isn't pure profit to eBay. They have millions invested in the infrastructure used to sell your item. 

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@jessicakarlsson89 wrote:

(final value-fee, international fee and taxes) in total 20 % 

NO - ONLY the FVF (13.25% on average) is charged by eBay, the international fee is charged by the payment processor, the taxes are charged by the country of residence, and the shipping is charged by the delivery carrier..

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@timzbiz wrote:

That's your fault.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

@timzbiz wrote:

Understand your point, but to be fair, that final value fee isn't pure profit to eBay. They have millions invested in the infrastructure used to sell your item. 

Totally agree and a lot of sellers seem to think that it is. All anyone has to do is look at one of eBay's quarterly reports and review some of the expenses to understand that. In reality eBay makes nothing or owns nothing it all belongs to the shareholders. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply