cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Sellers Using Other's Photos

Is it true that ebay allows other sellers to use another sellers photos??

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Other Sellers Using Other's Photos

@meme6253 wrote:

Guess I missed those, This just happened to me, Or at least I just found someone on accident using my photos!

Consider yourself having the last laugh - if their item doesn't exactly match your photo (and since they're so lazy as to steal your photos they may not have bothered to double check), they're the one who is going to end up stuck with a return, an NAD or whatever.

It's not as good as hotlinking used to be, but it's something.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 16 of 20
latest reply

LMAO. If you are so sure, you are free to file lawsuits to prove you are correct. You give away your rights to those photos on this platform. If you actually retained rights and did not give them away, then you could get eBay to pull listings using your photos. This has been a battle for a long time now, and it only goes to show, you do NOT own the rights to photos you post on this platform. 

The "license" you give eBay means you give away your rights. If you think you are so right, go ask sellers who sell art photos here. It's been going on for years that other sellers steal their photos, copy them, then undercut them on pricing. If the seller actually retained the rights, don't you think someone would have sued and put a stop to the nonsense?

eBay's agreement means they can do anything they want. By using the platform you AGREE to any and all terms and conditions eBay decided to use. Any and ALL. If you do not agree, a seller is free to discontinue using the platform. THAT is your "relief", as you will never get any in a courtroom. 

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Please....sellers using photos of Amazon...Walmart...Target...drop shipping...nothing new to me.

Shippers from other countries do it.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

As long as it is exactly like the item they are selling than yep it's free to use. It is however annoying for a drop seller to swipe your photo, sell your item and have you ship it to their buyer. of course we got we got paid. So who cares.

Makes me want to reprice everything higher. But that's just to much to research. They may only be making a few bucks on each item. I stopped getting mad years ago. In fact i keep thinking about doing a drop ship account myself. I just don't have the time for 2 stores.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I've heard of worse than that.  Buyers using other sellers' photos AFTER claiming INR & getting full refunds THEN listing the item(s) for sale on eBay & using sellers' original photos.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply