cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Sellers Using Other's Photos

Is it true that ebay allows other sellers to use another sellers photos??

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Other Sellers Using Other's Photos

@farmalljr wrote:

The photos a seller uses are no longer their property the second they post a listing. Every seller gives eBay exclusive rights to the photos you post. They can do whatever they want with the photos, and that includes letting other sellers use them. 

Read the user agreement. 

You need to read the user agreement because this statement is completely wrong.

You give eBay a LICENCE to use your images, you DO NOT assign ownership.

eBay DOES NOT have "exclusive rights"

eBay cannot do "anything they want", the licence only gives them certain specified rights.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Copywrite photos might get you in trouble here. But, ordinary photos probably not an issue and oh so easy to do. Just be sure what you sell looks like that out you are going to be in trouble.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

The photos a seller uses are no longer their property the second they post a listing. Every seller gives eBay exclusive rights to the photos you post. They can do whatever they want with the photos, and that includes letting other sellers use them. 

Read the user agreement. 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Well, dozens (or hundreds) of threads in the past point to pretty much.................. basically yes, with exceptions.

Welcome to the community boards.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Yes. Even if they didn't it wouldn't matter as policing that would be the least profitably use of your ebay time possible. 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Yes.
Last person I confronted about that said "at least I didn't return it"
I was okay with that reason 🤣

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@farmalljr wrote:

Read the user agreement. 

You need to read the user agreement because this statement is completely wrong.

You give eBay a LICENCE to use your images, you DO NOT assign ownership.

eBay DOES NOT have "exclusive rights"

eBay cannot do "anything they want", the licence only gives them certain specified rights.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Short answer:  Yes.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@meme6253 ,

People use my photos that I made quite frequently. It doesn't bother me. Like they say imitation is the sincerest for of flattery.

I have a lot better use of my time that to see who is copying my pictures.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I was going through older inventory & stumbled across this copycat, I didn't go looking, Anyway I think it's extremely wrong in so many ways!

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Someone Copied mine!, I am not doing it!

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Members use Ebay logo for their profile picture....so I guess its okay.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Guess I missed those, This just happened to me, Or at least I just found someone on accident using my photos!

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Reason and common sense say that should never include pictures of used items. I have seen none of those type in the eBay catalogue.

But I have seen a few sellers, including a TRS seller, using pictures of my used items. As they can never possibly match what they are selling I hope their stupidity and laziness came back to bite them in the ............

But as said it's just not worth the effort in complaining about.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Stealing your pictures is not a priority for eBay, they have many other issues. You can report them and see what they say, but they probably will not know who stole from who unless they do a full investigation, and that's not going to happen, I guess.

Many people display pictures of jewelry with their hands or fingers in picture, it would be wrong to post my hand without my permission, and don't care what eBay says.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply