cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once a week my sales drop as if a switch was hit. Anyone else with this problem???

All year I have had record sales months.  I'm a TRP, I list every day, I promote all my listings, I ship daily using    E-Bay labels.   I'm an active store.  I'm averaging $200 a day in sales.  I sell books priced $10-100 dollars. 

MY FRUSTRATIONS:  #1. Every week, the day varies, I have a $10 to $80 day.  #2.  I can have a good $200 day, but sales come in groups.   I might have several sales in the early morning hours and then nothing the rest of the day or perhaps not until late at night.  Sometimes I have no sales all day and several in the evening.   It's as if a light switch is turned on and off.   Several times a month I have $300 - $500 days.  when that happens, I get consistent sales every hour or so all day long. 

I've heard about being 'capped' but this should not apply to me.  I used to have a store with 7.500 books.  Two years ago, I downsized, delisted common books, changed my business model and began promoting.  I now only have 2.500 books on more desirable topics.   When I call E-Bay support they say there is nothing wrong and my items are visible.     IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM???    

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Once a week my sales drop as if a switch was hit. Anyone else with this problem???

It's been happening for years. Have you also noticed you get sales in the same 8-10 States? I know California is one for me. My worry is, what if Ebay is pushing my visibility in CA when they are sleeping. Basically broadcasting to nobody. EBay has been broken for as long as I can remember. EBay will say they want every seller to have a fair chance at making a sale(personally I think Ebay doesnt have enough servers). Sorry, but I have been selling for 19 years. Why should a horrible seller with a minefield of negs and neutrals be getting the same exposure as a 100% feedback seller who gives top notch service at all times?

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

Re: Once a week my sales drop as if a switch was hit. Anyone else with this problem???

@slyders_finds wrote:

It's been happening for years. Have you also noticed you get sales in the same 8-10 States? I know California is one for me.

California has the largest population out of all the US states. It should not come as a surprise to get more sales to CA than to other states simply because there are more potential buyers there.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

The tap shut off almost completely 9 days ago with 2 offers of $40 and $50 on $500 products 

Message 33 of 33
latest reply