cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Of 511 sales this year, I've cancelled 11 order due to lost stock. Is this a basis for a delisting?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Of 511 sales this year, I've cancelled 11 order due to lost stock. Is this a basis for a delisting?

eBay considers that to be a very high number of cancellations.  You're allowed up to 2%, which would be 10 transactions out of 500. If you are evaluated as "Below standard" you'll have to pay a higher final value fee and your listing privileges could be limited or even suspended.  Here's the Help page about seller performance evaluation, specifically your transaction defect rate. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If you mean grounds for suspension, yes, canceling transactions is the kiss of death for any seller. Ebay does not like disappointed,unhappy buyers, figuring they may never come back. You should have kept better track of your inventory. Check your dashboard for defects.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@joeyaeiou 

That # puts you below the range that eBay tolerates, but on the positive side, it is just barely below.

just a bit of improvement (sales without cancel) will get you back in better standing. You need to sell some more items without any more cancelling to improve.

The defects will date off, but also good sale will date off at the same time.  Sell some stuff. Don't have cancellations, and eBay will release you from the "below standard", additional fees, jailhouse.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Watch inventory. Cancelling due to out of stock is the worst thing you can do.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@joeyaeiou wrote:

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. 

Figure out why that is happening and hopefully you can fix it before it's too late for your selling career. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply