cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now Managed Payments Is The Victim of Screen Changes

Now they're messing with the Managed Payment pages. It's a bit better than before, but no cigar, by far.

Now....If they opened up two more columns, they could also show taxes and shipping costs for each item, for a more complete picture of the transaction on one line. 

Capture.JPGBut no.........

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Now Managed Payments Is The Victim of Screen Changes

I agree completely. It seems as if you have to dig deeper / open other pages just to get that extra information. Transparency and efficiency would dictate that ALL transaction information be stated on one page.

Come on Ebay, it's Sellers who make you money. Give us some help and add this info to the Transactions page.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I brought the very same complaint to eBay Managed Payments customer service this morning. I want everything on one page. I also want see the FINAL VALUE PRICE my auction item sold for on this transaction page, not just the total price with shipping, without having to click into each individual transaction page. With the page as it currently is, I have to take time to find that info. on each individual transaction page, then I have to print out this summarized transaction page and write the final value price on it in pen for my records. This makes extra work for me, and for eBay to claim Managed Payments is easier for sellers because we will be able to do everything in one place, is a lie! It would also be nice to see the date that the sale actually happened, not just when the buyer made payment, and to have a running total on the bottom of the page showing how the fees are totaling up. I am a small seller of one of a kind vintage items, so do not have multiples of the same item listed. This new system is causing me headaches and is taking about ten times the amount of time for my record keeping than before I was forced into Managed Payments. Has anyone tried to deal with the Transaction Report Excel sheet that has over 30 columns of info. that you cannot possibly print out to be usable in any way because a row for each transaction extends onto numerous pages, and you cannot see the name of the item sold until you get to Column W??? Now I have to spend time editing their Excel sheet to meet my own needs each time I create a Transaction Report.  I am a small seller with approx. 1 to 5 sales a week, or less, on average, and the amount of time I now have to put into doing bookkeeping for the number of sales I typically have, is now ridiculous. Managed Payments may work for sellers who have an eBay store, or who sell much more than I do, but it is definitely more time consuming and confusing for me.  I really resent having been FORCED to switch over to this system. Pay Play worked seamlessly for me for over 10 years, and I just paid my eBay invoice once a month and used the invoice to track my fees and sales.   It was an easy, quick system that worked for ME! I am now telling friends to AVOID getting involved with selling on eBay because of this confusing Managed Payments system.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I agree. I believe each item should have a consolidated record that shows all transactions related to the item: Listing fees, sale price, shipping collected, fees on shipping, FVF, and net overall being paid.

Payments should also have detail showing itemized by item what's being transferred.

Right now every transaction is treated as a separate event, which makes sense as they are happening. I want to see all income and expenses associated by item so I can track overall fees related to sales (maybe eBay doesn't want us to see that 🙂

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I'm also having a hard time figuring out exactly what percentage they are deducting for their fees since they add sales tax to the equation. I know it's a set percentage but sometimes I'm seeing 16% and higher because of high sales tax in some states. This is where a full breakdown of sales, taxes, shipping and all fees should be readily available and downloaded. 

If I knew of another place to sell my stuff, I'd leave here without a second thought. I tried Mercari but I had issues with the shipping part. Things did sell quicker though.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Agree. And % can change based on category so seeing it itemized is important.  It makes disputing a charge hard (maybe that's the point).

Message 6 of 6
latest reply