cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales Feb 2020

What is going on?  Sales are sure not happening here...Anyone else having this problem?

Its like...ebay is dead!

Message 1 of 237
latest reply
236 REPLIES 236

Re: No Sales Feb 2020

@jersuniquebooks wrote:

I suggest all read all boards including the ones labeled "solved" (slick choice of words). You will find folks complaining about the same thing for years (before taxes, flu). 

Folks suggest many reasons and overlook the common: eBay.

My two stores are closed (one last year and one this year). Now at 50 free listings and love it. Wish I had a third store so I could fire eBay a third time!

That’s what it is coming to a lot of us small sellers...I was not always a small seller...eBay has no one to blame except themselves..

Even a lot of big sellers are rethinking “Things”

Sad actually...They say all good things has to come to an end. 

Message 166 of 237
latest reply

More than 13% fees with eBay and PP if you have a store and have over 250 listings.

Message 167 of 237
latest reply

I wish!

With my eBay store in about 800 listings free listings in my PayPal fees my eBay fees it came to over 20%

Message 168 of 237
latest reply

I’m selling well on my other sites.

Message 169 of 237
latest reply

yes, There was a time when I just started selling on ebay, the last year July 2019. whatever I was putting was going. Now even good stuff is not moving, the even lower price is not making difference as such. My business is down since December 2019.
Message 170 of 237
latest reply

I have not seen any free listings  for quite a while Hope they send some out  

Message 171 of 237
latest reply

"

Changing Course on Some but Not All Seller Sticking Points
In summary, last month’s Ask Me Anything session revealed eBay won’t change its plan to roll out Managed Payments to all sellers or reverse its Good Til Cancelled mandate (GTC).

However, Sweetnam’s responses did show eBay is considering making some major changes in certain areas such as seller policies and Promoted Listing Ads."

Above is from Ecommerce. 

"eBay is considering..."

Fooled me once. Ain't happening again. Reading the who article, was amazed how eBay's exec completely avoided great seller questions. 

It helps me to remember: this is eBay's system..not mine and eBay is great at proving that point. 

My two stores are closed - listings reduced by 80%. CS did not even ask why I was closing my stores. Reminds me of Packard Bell...

Message 172 of 237
latest reply

Ebay will see more and more of that..It.does not concern them in the least.  They will just pick up more “hope to be” sellers..which will be treated like little children who do not know better and on and on it goes...

I am just biding my time till the end of 60 a month contract runs out..

Message 173 of 237
latest reply

I remember about a year ago a new seller was mortified. They got him to take out a business loan AND a store not explaining you can do it by the month. His sales sunk. He had nice products. His debt was over the top and he had to take a second mortgage on his home to pay it off.

New sellers have no idea how burned you “could” get.

Message 174 of 237
latest reply

I have my own opinion about this. The sellers paying $500 a month for their store comes first, I assume.

Message 175 of 237
latest reply

The trick is you can have 100 or so listings, but what they don’t tell you when they renew you pay for any listings over 50 if you don’t have a store.

Message 176 of 237
latest reply

I know sales are down for most seller's , but everything is not ebays fault. Look at your listings and see if you would buy the items the way they looks.  If a buyer see's dirty and some broken items, how do you expect to sell it. Clean it and take good photo's, explain who made the items. We need to stop blaming other's for our own mistakes.

I totally agree about the costs of selling and all the fees for this and that. But know one is making us sell on ebay but ourselves.

Message 177 of 237
latest reply

I thought you were talking to me. I was offended as I sell new and vintage beautiful items. My own store is doing well, unique collectibles 4 you with a secured website.

Message 178 of 237
latest reply

My January was my best ever since selling on eBay, sales year over year up 158%, it was awesome. February ended up being average, March now above average. I look at these community boards every day and I think eBay watches that and opens up some of your listing to buyers, read the complaint boards every day and see if you get more consistent daily sales and they level out somewhat.
Message 179 of 237
latest reply

Ebay sets policies based on oxygen wasting left opinions......this leads people to find better places to spend money.    Libtards ruin about everything they touch 

Message 180 of 237
latest reply