cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales Feb 2020

What is going on?  Sales are sure not happening here...Anyone else having this problem?

Its like...ebay is dead!

Message 1 of 237
latest reply
236 REPLIES 236

No Sales Feb 2020

I agree with almost everything that your saying but it is not a solution for this poor seller right now. 

Make sure NONE of your listing are older than 2mths 29 days. If they are older than this they are not seen well in the ebay search. End old listing and wait 12-13 days before listing them again. Do not relist. hit "sell similar".  (this will make it look like a new listing and will get better views)

Make sure your photos are clear and easy to see. Make sure your key words are something that a buyer would use.  Try to put yourself in the buyers shoes and imagine what you would be typing in to look for a particular item. 

Do a bulk edit on all your listing and change the prices by some amount even .25 cents (higher or lower it does not matter). This does something in the ebay algorithom to make them stand out better as well. 

Lastly, give them ebay a call and let them know that you have not had a sale in several days (or how ever long). They often have issues. Once I had an issue where all of my listing were showing up in German (I dont even know German)... ugggg. 

It is upsetting. And there is something wrong with the system. My suggestion is for ebay to get better programmers. TEST before making a change live.... Seriously this is software 101. (I was a owner and co/owner of a few software companies and I just do not understand how they can have SO MANY LIVE bugs. 

I have been selling on ebay for over 17 years. Honestly it is upsetting as to how many games you have to play to get things sold on ebay. And it is in consistant. One day I'll sell $1100 worth of things and the next two days NOTHING not even a question from a buyer... this leads me to believe it is ebay and not me, not my pricing, photos, or service. 

Good luck, keep your chin up and hope ebay gets their act back together... 

Message 226 of 237
latest reply

No Sales Feb 2020

I am in tensed situation. Specially in Pandemic where eBay is only the source of income.  No Sales since last almost 3 months. I am TOP Rated seller with accounts age up to 20 years. But it looks like something happened or I am being switched off. It was pretty good in July  and August but after that drastically sales dropped and almost stopped. If i put new items it doesn't get any view or no traffic. I admit I had some neg Feedbacks like item not as described but it was months before.  Also it is may be common in some of buyers who do not want to pay return shipping and just return it for change of mind but cause as unnecessary damage which we do not actually deserve.  There are 100's of positive reviews as well VS 4-5 NEGS with above mention reasons. 

Also have started selling on Ebay UK  due to partnership with UK company with local warehouse but unfortunately no movement at all. it's dead!!!!!  Very disappointing.   I contacted Ebay a few times and told my situation but they could not do anything except few advises.  Anyone can help please?? 

Message 227 of 237
latest reply

No Sales Feb 2020

This happened to me too. Enraged!

Message 228 of 237
latest reply

No Sales Feb 2020

Low sells and not to mention the buyers who seem to think that Ebay is a virtual yard sale!

Message 229 of 237
latest reply

No Sales Feb 2020

June has been my best month so far this year.  I stopped blaming EBAY last year and started blaming myself. Better verbiage, Better & More Pictures, better description and better tag lines, so forth and so on. Get the picture.  And stop the woe is me stuff. 

Message 230 of 237
latest reply

No Sales Feb 2020

There is no woe is me...you do not have to be so **bleep** rude. 

Message 231 of 237
latest reply

No Sales Feb 2020

Sorry, was not trying to be rude. When I realized that my poor sales last year were not eBay's fault but my own. I own it. It is on me to make a difference. So I took a concerted effort to improve my listings and to add more listings.  I am fighting Cancer and I lost family members and friends this year, and it would be easy to fall back into the "Woe is Me" attitude. I choose not too, and Stand up and move forward and always try to make things better in my life.   

Message 232 of 237
latest reply

No Sales Feb 2020

That's fine, I am sorry about your illness.  But.you should never assume everyone is like you.  I have sold on ebay for 20 years...Last Feb 2020 was the worst month I had ever had........had nothing to do with me.......Once I chewed ebay out .........my sales picked back up and I never looked back..........I never did anything that was different except maybe add another 300-400 listings. 

Message 233 of 237
latest reply

No Sales Feb 2020

Good answer and thank you. I think that is one of the keys to improving sales is to list more items. I put 70 new listings in June and have another 30 scheduled for July so far. More Listings = More Sales.

Message 234 of 237
latest reply

No Sales Feb 2020

I  try to keep 800-1000 listings...I also rotate

Last Feb I was doing great on 4 other Venues plus FaceBook Market Place.........off the chart sales.........ebay just literally died......... they were having issues with their search engines...fighting with Google...

Message 235 of 237
latest reply

No Sales Feb 2020

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 237 of 237
latest reply