cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sales Feb 2020

What is going on?  Sales are sure not happening here...Anyone else having this problem?

Its like...ebay is dead!

Message 1 of 237
latest reply
236 REPLIES 236

Re: No Sales Feb 2020

I know what you mean. I have had these items on my watch list forever and I wont purchase them because of my sales have been in the toilet for at least a year and it is getting worst. Would love to purchase them for my collection but need cash to come in as well.

Message 91 of 237
latest reply

I am not sure how to proceed. I can not longer want to invest money in eBay as I would be an idiot to keep losing $$. I have some nice older items not yard sale or give away, but just to downsize might do both.. SAD
I have been here ( other ID) since 1999 . I have lost interest in eBay failure as a seller. The time has come to close and leave as I have ZERO interest in throwing retirement $$ after this carp:)

Message 92 of 237
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hear you!!! No sales, NO buying!!! So of course there are NOW 40 auctions that I would LOVE to add to my inventory and it's killing me that I can't bid on any of them. Finances are so bad now, it makes me ill even thinking about hitting that bid button. Best of luck to you, Sugar.
Message 93 of 237
latest reply

My sales aren't dead but I have to keep lowering the price before anyone will buy and then I am barely making anything if anything at all. I know sales tend to slow down around this time of year normally but now with the Coronavirus causing some countries to lock down and the FDA here in America announcing that we all should prepare for food and medicine shortages, I am thinking people are spending money on those right now. I think we are going to have to ride this out and see if things improve. This virus is some scary stuff.
Message 94 of 237
latest reply

I think first three months after Christmas is silent period,and then it's all back to normal.

Message 95 of 237
latest reply

My biggest issue... is the 30 day listings.... the 7 day buy now time was perfect for me....
Message 96 of 237
latest reply

here, huge watch list and somany things I want to buy but can't right now.

Message 97 of 237
latest reply

Not sure what it is, but there's definitely something going on.  The app has been acting weird...tells me to respond to offers but when I click to see them there are none.  It tells me to send offers to watchers, but then there are none.  I haven't had a sale since Saturday morning.  Not one.  That hasn't happened since I started selling again back in July.  Also, I'll list an item and then when I try to search for it as if I was a buyer it's completely invisible, nowhere to be found.  It's almost like the item specific detail glitch is happening again.  Of course, calling Ebay does no good as they report no known issues as always.

Message 98 of 237
latest reply

Is that what many of you sellers do- buy auctions listed here to turn and resell them?

Message 99 of 237
latest reply

I agree totally dead. Lowering prices still no help. Looks like ebay a total downhill slide with no bottom !

Message 100 of 237
latest reply

i agree ebay totally down the tubes.

Message 101 of 237
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
underhood_dressup I can't speak for other sellers but I've been doing that for 5 years now. It worked well until last year when so many changes took place here. BUT I buy and sell antique/vintage paper dolls so it's definitely an odd and collector specific category. My selling invoice for January was $178 with my basic store and it looks like February will be less then half of that. Best of luck to you!!!
Message 102 of 237
latest reply

the endless race to the bottom does not help either....

one big problem i am facing is that a lot of my competitor sellers (people that are sourcing items from the same wholesaler as me) are pretty much giving away their stuff. i.e. they will sell an item that cost them around $5 for $15 with free shipping. they gross profit only a few dollars on each item.... i dont know if they realize this or not or if at this point they are just getting rid of their inventory, but it does hurt the marketplace.

Message 103 of 237
latest reply

Two weeks ago I had steady sales.  Last two weeks slow..So.

Message 104 of 237
latest reply

What does sell all the time here and constantly is electronics but then you have everyone trying to rip you off so is it a real sale?

Message 105 of 237
latest reply