cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Niche selling

My store content well represents my niche. Other than expanding my inventory and increasing the diversity of my product within my niche, is there anything else I can do to increase my sales? I want to take my eBay business up to the "next" level. I've reached the status of Top-Rated seller and I have my eyes set on becoming a Power Seller. Remember, I don't sell general merchandise, but might there be opportunities that I'm simply not aware of? Thank you for your comments and advice.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Niche selling

I can’t think of any advantage to getting the power seller designation.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Powerseller status is based on a $$ figure......so frankly, to get there, you need to sell more....  I don't know your inventory or your niche......but you could consider combining figures and pricing them higher.  IF you have the inventory.    Right now a $7  sale with free shipping isn't netting you much, even if you pay nothing for the figure.  Plus you aren't utilizing all the listings available with your store. 

Looking at your listings, I would put something in them about the condition of the item......is it scuffed, missing pieces, etc. ? If not, condition would probably be Very good and people want to know that.  I would do pictures with no background so people can see them better......(again, I don't know the niche)......

just some ideas

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It's all about number of sales. Besides the power seller status does nothing for you. I get it and then loose it. I would rather sell an item for $500.00 and make the profit on it. You have items at $7.00. Sure if you sell 20 a day for a couple days the power seller pops up but big deal. You have to work harder on all the shipping and stuff. Forget the power seller status and find better items that net you a better profit. That's taking it to the next level..................

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thank you very much for taking the time to give a thoughtful reply to my question. I am in the process of revamping the appearance of the store. My checklist of "to-do's" is right next to me and getting quite a workout!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for responding to my post. I am working my way up to more profitable items. I also happen to be one of those people who needs to have everything humming along as well as can be before I can begin rededicating my living room to larger and bulkier inventory. I'm sure you know how that feels. Thank you again for taking the time to help me.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Top-Rated status is based on your performance
Power-Seller is based on dollar amount
One has little to do with the other.
Power Sellers are usually large anchor stores with million and millions of dollars in inventory.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@plumbingspecials wrote:
Power Sellers are usually large anchor stores with million and millions of dollars in inventory.

Bronze level Power Sellers may  only have a few thousand in inventory.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Looked at your items. Between ebay fees, Paypal fees, shipping costs, packing material and (probable) item costs you aren't making very much on those $10 and under sales. I doubt you're making minimum wage.

It takes almost as much effort to sell a $100 item as a $10 item.

Stop worrying about quanitity (and titles) and try to increase your per unit selling prices.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@plumbingspecials wrote:

Bronze level Power Sellers may  only have a few thousand in inventory.

Or less - all it takes is 3000.00 in sales per year and 100 transactions, which you have covered with the TRS.

Not sure what a store is doing for you, though. 

Do you have a paypal microaccount set up for the purchases under 12.00? That will save you some money.

My take also, is if you want to sell multiples to the same person, you should drop the free shipping and start charging so you can combine for a discount. I wouldn't buy multiple items from a seller with free shipping because I'd be paying for it in every item.

@jriner

Don't get hung up on ebay's names like "power seller"

I was one for years, now I am just "above average" and that is good by me.

But here in the chat room... ebay says I am a "Rockstar"  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

First off, I wouldn't really consider action figures to be a 'niche' as such.

Second, you're chasing rainbows.  TRS and PS don't really mean anything of substance.  Just concentrate on fulfilling what sales you can to the best of your ability

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

First off, I wouldn't really consider action figures to be a 'niche' as such.

Second, you're chasing rainbows.  TRS and PS don't really mean anything of substance.  Just concentrate on fulfilling what sales you can to the best of your ability

How do you define “niche”?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Trying to figure out what happened here.  Then I saw that the OP posted a month ago and just now came back.  Maybe he got lost somewhere and the GI Joes just found and rescued him?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply